Thread: Wreck-it-Ralph
View Single Post
Old 11-3-2012, 10:19 PM   #37
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Wreck-it-Ralph

There's still so much going on in this movie that is done right, though. It's not all about showing characters of Street Fighter walking in the background. Even if the cameos last a few seconds, they really have a lot of thought put into them. Everything just fits. For example, the fact that video game characters are comedians in the game just makes the whole gaming universe seem so much more vibrant and... real, if you think about it! Ryu and Ken talking about having a beer after the fight? I mean, that's both funny and really deep. And it only lasts 2 seconds on screen; people laugh at it and forget. But if you know about gaming history, the conventions, the successes and the fails, or if you just happen to be able to see how much this could mean in real life, this really expands your horizons. It's just like Toy Story - what if our heroes went with their own life after we leave the game? It makes you wonder a lot, and the bond you're developing between yourself and these fictional characters only gets stronger - which is a good thing!

We're all grown-ups and we all know that none of that is for real, but it's a good practice of the mind. Hey, what if we were video game characters ourselves who didn't figure out what was going on? We could even have that reflexion after watching Wreck-it Ralph.

Of course, none of that is spoken about in the film, and that's probably for the best. That's pushing the limits of a family flick way too far, I admit. This is indeed another Disney film where you learn about being yourself and not being scared, etc... What I liked about it was the fact that this movie is almost the best at everything it attempts, at least, to me.

- If you're looking for amazing 3D animation that is both stylish and polished, this is the movie to see.
- If you're looking for brilliant voice acting, this is the movie to see.
- If you're looking for an impressively coherent yet fresh take on the arcade world, this is the movie to see.
- If you're looking for a good laugh in general, this is the movie to see.
- If you're looking for a movie with heart, for a movie which reflects a producer's passion for a subject, this is the movie to see.
- If you're looking for product placement done right in a movie, this is the movie to see.
- If you're posting under the age of 13, your profile will unfortunately have to be banned. It's the law.

tl;dr Yeah, it's product placement from 80's stuff, but there's so much more going on in here you could easily go to the movie 3 times for a different reason every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote