View Single Post
Old 04-6-2017, 08:28 AM   #549
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 365 Reviews Done

Day 378: The Dream Is Over by PUP (Album Choice: noname219)

I'm not really in the mood for punk, and this sounds like punk based off the first minute. Keep that in mind for my score, adjust to you liking, who gives a shit?

The harmonies in DVP are great. The skronky riffs in Doubt are great. The feedback, solo and shifting dynamics in The Coast are all great. The anger, aggression and drumming in Old Wounds are great in equal parts. The infectious poppiness of My Life Is Over And I Couldn't Be Happier is great. The multiple solos within Familiar Patterns are great. The emotional conclusiveness of Pine Point is great. The fact that this album runs a tight yet fulfilling 30 minutes is great. There's a lot of greatness here. Insert Donald Trump joke here.

My only gripe is that the vocalist never really rises above "adequate" and oftentimes he falls into the trap of "totally obnoxious post-emocore whiny bullshit". Other than that, yet another keeper. Two in an hour!

I still need 2017 recommendations guys.

Best Track: Familiar Patterns
Rating: 8/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote