View Single Post
Old 08-8-2018, 09:27 PM   #3
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Quick rant on fitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I'm curious about preworkout not being worth it; I've heard that's the only supplement that truly is worth it (except whey if trying to bulk)...

How about aminos? I was recommended them and I don't know well enough to disagree per se
Preworkout does work, but I just personally do not find it to be a necessity. All it does it help push you harder during your workouts. A person that is highly motivated could do the same thing without the preworkout.
It doesn't make you stronger, and it doesn't help you reach your fitness goals any quicker than it would without it.

BCAAs are also worthless too imo. If you buy a whey protein, chances are you're getting plenty of BCAAS (which makes it even more worthless). BCAAS are in a lot of the foods you eat already...like chicken, fish, eggs, etc. More is not better.
The whole concept of BCAAS is that when you take them, your body will use them as a preferred energy source while you're working out.

My only experience from BCAAS is that it just makes me piss while I'm trying to workout.
AND watch anime.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote