View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 06:03 PM   #835
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Anime north 2015 hype thread

Now for the shoutouts:

- Ally, thank you so much for being a great host and bringing everyone together. No such meet-up could be orchestrated well without your planning. Thank you for introducing me and a bunch of others to Canada's Wonderland. Also, thank you very much for that poutine.

- Pete, you were a staple for my trip. Firstly, thank you for being such a great friend. Secondly, thank you for offering me to room with you at the Westin hotel. Thirdly, thank you for picking me up at the airport and navigating the nutty traffic.

- Izzy, I know you've kept to yourself oftentimes, but IMO you were just as much of a staple to me for this trip. Thank you for tolerating me at bedtime and really just being a chill guy. You were kinda like a source of serenity during times of insanity.

- Greg, thank you also for rooming with me. You were fun to hang out with, and whether you intended to or not, your "no smile" expression was just plain humorous at times.

- John/Jteh, I loved your quirkiness. Thank you for driving me and others to Wonderland. I definitely would like to get to know you better. Sorry for initially
mixing you up as JenovahSephiroth at the con!

- Trevor, thanks for being there when you guys picked me up, and just generally being an awesome guy. Come to think of it though, I don't think we ended up talking a whole lot - let's change that next time!

- Bridget, you're totally awesome to hang around with, and I really appreciate that you tried to make a point of hanging out on Sunday at Wonderland. Also, I know you'll do well with your thesis. Would like to hang out with you again!

- Max, looking good with that skunk cosplay outfit. You were another guy that was really easy to talk to and again I hope to hang out with you too. Yes, we're going to do a collab.

- Adam, Chris, and Anthony, you guys were a blast to hang around. Thank you also for the multitude of filled-out McDonald coffee cards - I'm already putting it to use. Also, thanks Adam for reading out that hilarious story for Pete and Greg.

- Mayo, it wasn't really until the last day that I had a chance to chat with you. Thanks for adding me on Skype - I'll definitely want to talk some more.

- Eaman/Funnygirl, it's really been a great pleasure chatting with you, especially while waiting for rides at Wonderland. I know you'll do well at university - keep it up!

- Tiffany, thank you for your delicious cookies. I've heard you have intentions of going to culinary school, so I wish you the best on that! Also, we should definitely chat some more.

- Sven, I wish we talked one-on-one more at the con, but you still provided many memorable moments for all of us. Carrying me was probably not one of the better decisions both you or I have made, but I'll definitely remember that one for fun times. One thing's for sure - you are craaaaazy!

- Felix, you're certainly one of the most enthusiastic person I've met. Surreal that you were so giddy to see me at the Sheraton, haha! Stay happy.

- Martin and Mathieu, you guys showed some remarkable cosplays. I'd be curious to know what you're working on for the next year!

- Eman/Hakulyte, it was nice meeting you, and I didn't expect you to be so tall! Again though, I didn't have much of an opportunity to talk to you. Congrats as well on your 100 billion score achievement during the con.

- Luis, Stian, and Thomas, thanks for keeping me company while I ate my first dinner on Friday - that meant a lot. I didn't talk to you guys as much as I wanted to, though, so I plan to do so next time.

- Sarah, I didn't have any preconceived notions about you as a person, and to that effect, you made a wonderful first impression. And thank you so kindly for that bracelet.

- Chris/Kommisar, keep up the awesome SDVX skills! It was great meeting you; you have a ton of personality that makes meet-ups such as this so much fun.

- Jordan, thank you for helping me ease my way into SDVX. Now you've really got me hooked!

- Robert/lurker, you were one of those guys whose irl personality was completely different from the online persona. I am really glad to have met you; we should've definitely chat around more.

- Michael/remedy, it was fun meeting you, and even commenting on my own simfiles as you've played them right in front of my eyes - whether you liked or hated them.

- Pat/GD, you're dazzling. Stay dazzling.

I know I've missed several people out there, but I want to say thank you all for making AN 2015 a great event. I've had a really fun time hanging out with the people I've known for years, but until then, hadn't seen in person. You guys are the best!
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote