View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #7
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: jTWG LXXI I Got Nothin' Postgame Thread

A couple small things

I don't think in f3 you need to be thinking about how good/bad/ok/not ok anyone played. When you do, its not really helping anything. I think you played actually pretty well Op, you were the first to have the team of Sanzath/Andy, and you did this after posting a lot of logical connections, mostly discarding it, and talking about how the situation felt to you.

I get that these forums games feel pretty slow, and especially in final three it can feel like they are going to last forever, but suicide, especially when the game is on the line is not really acceptable. Yes, you are right that winning a game because of a Knife in the Box is essentially meaningless, moreso if players let it happen, but even when faced between those two decisions, you still should let it play out. Yes, a win means basically nothing, especially because of Haku's play there, but that's what postgame is for. Here, we can talk about what happened, what was good, what was bad, etc.

Which brings me to it being an absolutely terrible play to say that you're letting a KitB happen. Clearly, you were going for some reaction test stuff at the end there with the fake-vote Haku, and that's good, but in small doses. You pushed Op too far at the end there. If wins are decided by random.org, what does it mean? It feels pretty gross for whoever wins, for the most part, and that's pretty awful for the game. Sanzath played a pretty great game, and by all means, he probably should've ended up winning most final threes that play out. So by letting it go to a KitB, you're kind of messing with one of the more satisfying parts of the game. Yes, we're here to have fun and to learn the game, but losing through something that is not meant to decide a game is a pretty awful feeling.

I'm going to be pretty light on the criticism here, you are mostly first-time forum players here, so I think I understand a lot of why things happened here. I will just say this, mainly because I think I have to, but suiciding is not acceptable when you get into non jTWG games.

I'll go into individual assessments now, but I feel like I had to cover those bases first.

Also, in the same boat, you can't lynch someone because you think its funny, you need to also have reasons for that. This is mostly at Sven, though.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote