View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 01:32 PM   #186
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
People so often default to, "you should be peaceful and civil, if you're not civil you're just like them!!!!!!!!", not realizing that

1) we've fucking tried
2) this attitude reinforces the status-quo because it suggests that the only way to make progress is to get down on our knees and suck-off the patriarchy instead of, you know, challenging the institution itself
I don't think being civil is on par with getting on one's knees, at all.

That's not to say that I think hopping on flash flash revolution dot com and saying "pro-lifers are stupid assholes and here's why" is a no-no. Being civil is unnecessary in some settings.

However, if I'm talking to one person and I feel like I might have some pull, I'm gonna try to make my case without making them want to exit the conversation. This also means future talks are more likely.

I guess my point here isn't totally relevant to Progress because the sphere of influence is so tiny, but every little bit helps, right?

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents after skimming, feel free to tell me why I'm wrong and I'll listen and take it into consideration.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote