View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 01:31 PM   #392
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 295: The Life of Pablo by Kanye West

Since you're going to read several professional reviews of this album I'm just going to bulletpoint my thoughts.

-Chance the Rapper had the best album of 2015, but nobody seems to agree with that opinion. This first track is good.
-I actually shouted "what?" when listening to Father Stretch My Hands Part 1. Those lyrics make Speedin' Bullet 2 Heaven look like a goddamn masterpiece... because it is a masterpiece.
-Who the hell is Desiigner? He sucks.
-This is one incredibly fragmented album. I like that. The scattershot nature of this album means whatever sucks doesn't stick very long, and there are some stinkers. On the other hand, the best parts (minus the first track) don't stick around too long either, but at least it's charmingly schizophrenic.
-Low Lights is corny garbage.
-On the other hand, Highlights is hilarious garbage. I wish I was high for this. I'm so ignorant I can't even separate Young Thug and Kanye.
-Freestyle 4 is grating garbage. The trap influences on this album drag it down to hellishly bad lows.
-I am resisting the urge to skip FML because listening to The Weeknd is more violating than a 8 inch spiked butt plug up my ass.
-Wolves would be a fantastic track if the lyrics didn't make one go "What the hell?" out loud.
-I will always believe that less is more and a 10 track album would have been preferable, but on that note, the tacked on songs seem to be some of the best. Waves and 30 Hours are both great pop rap tracks, while No More Parties In LA features Kanye somehow being better than Kendrick Lamar.
-No I don't feel bad for Bill Cosby and you are a fucking idiot for feeling so.

Overall... Not bad, not good.

Best Track: No More Parties In LA
Rating: 5.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 02-14-2016 at 01:32 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote