shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Batch Review Thread v2.0

CONTINUATION OF MAY 2013 BATCH

Judge Team 2

AlexDest

Aishiteru Yo Ne (Razor) - [+] 8/10
- This flowed nicely throughout. Some parts in the slow down needed to be looked at more though.
- What are these jumps at s44.51, s46.36, s48.20, s50.05 going to?
- Missing jumps that correspond to the progressing bass at s64.82.
- Pitch inconsistency at s78.20 and s78.67. s77.74 started that same pitch as a (14) note.
- At s123.90, this roll doesn't seem to fit all too well in my personal opinion. I'd rearrange it to where it flows better.
- One too many notes on the roll at s125.40.
- I'd change this note at s127.82 so that it seperates away from the left jacks.
- The two jumps right before the 24th jack have a PR error.
- The 32nd jump within the 24th jacks at s131.28 is really disruptive and nasty to hit.
- Seperate the note at s149.05.
- s149.74, combine this jump with the 24th jack.
- s150.67, combine this jump with the down jack.
- Missing note at s157.01.
- Missing jumps for the 8th bass at s197.97.

GABBA YAZUKA (RoughSketch 2011 Remix) (_.Spitfire._) - [+] 8/10
- Good job on this one. Very carefully stepped and it plays fluently.
- Start with a jump at s2.05.
- After s24.64, I feel like you could acknowledge the vocal stuttering in this part, it feels empty without.
- The (14) jump should occur at s108.81.

Ganbare! X Chan (MrPopadopalis25) - [+?] 5/10
- My sides transported to an unworldly dimension.
- Very diverse stream patterns, but most of the transitions are a problem for playability.
- At s14.29, the (23)(14)(23)... pattern is one of the utmost priorities to avoid at this speed.
- At s16.04, transitioning from a (12)(34) jumptrill pattern to a small one handed trill is nasty. The player has to go from hitting multiple 8th jumps solely on his left hand to trilling with that same hand.
- s19.67, you're going from a flam-esque jumptrill pattern to a different jumptrill pattern which forces you to minijack on the up arrow (the [13][34] pattern). Playability wise, this will cause bad habits.
- The slow down is fine, although I'd check a bit on the syncing of the notes at s66.02.
- Ultimately, this has a chance of being accepted if the patterns are carefully analyzed for easier playability.

GENTLEMAN (samurai7694) - [+.] 6/10
- I think the jumptrill at s22.34 should be changed to a (12)(34) jumptrill just because it's the beginning of the song and it needs to be balanced built-up to the oncoming climax.
- The jumps at s68.05 sound like they're going down in pitch. Step accordingly to this.
- Same with the notes at s77.71, except you only step it as single notes with a couple jumps... stay consistent.
- s82.88 feels like it should be a jump.
- The 8th jacks at s95.12 do not seem to have a defined sound going to them. These jacks just feel completely random.
- You could make the notes at s102.36 and s102.54 as jumps.
- Make the notes at s143.66 and s143.77 as jumps since you layered the 2 snares right before as jumps.
- The snares at s145.12 go down in pitch. Step accordingly to this.
- s188.92, I feel like these double jacks should be jumptrills because the song takes a little breather before the climax.
- s192.71, personal opinion, I'd prefer that this would not be a one-hand trill.
- s249.09, ehhhh, although this can be BS'd as a jumpjack, it'd be nice for it to be 1313 or something that's not one handed.
- s250.64, these 12ths could have better pitch relevancy.
- s253.05, s253.23, s253.74, s253.92, these should be hands since you are using those to emphasize the cymbal hits.
- Ultimately, there's a mess of inconsistencies in this simfile, it's not that bad to play but really needs to be looked over.

Gerudo Valley Dubstep Rap (yo man im awesome) - [+?] 5/10
- Not bad, although you have left hand bias going on throughout the whole simfile.
- The 16ths that you have between measures 11 and 12 should be patterned as 1324 since you have the ones before this patterned as 1234.
- Missed layering the bass on s52.73.
- I understand that you're layering the background wubs starting at s109.95, but the percussion is still more prominent in my personal opinion, I'd suggest sticking on layering to that instead.
- Overall, it's not half bad. But, some of the 16th streams are lacking flow with the vocals, and the jumps are placed randomly which is hard to get the feel of the percussion. I'd suggest letting some people playtest this and give you tips on good flowing patterns.

Girl Directions (DarkZtar) - [+] 8/10
- Simple and straightforward. You could put jumps at the snares (e.g. at s5.22).
- Nothing else I can note.

Grad Erlija (iironiic) - [+] 8/10
- Thought the jack theory you used was executed well in this song.
- s87.28, I feel like a 16th note should go here. This part didn't feel full enough for me.
- The file starts dragging on after a bit.
- The ending 64th jump at s219.42 should be replaced with a small 3 note trill.

Guile of the Rime King (FissionMailed1) - [+.] 7/10
- I feel like the 48th graces aren't necessary starting at s64.54.
- s73.47, a 3 note long 16th jack at nearly 200 bpm seems like it would irritate a player immensely since this is easily a good trap.
- The part with the gabber-like sounds are pretty fun to hit.
- s141.19, start changing up the patterns here. Copy and pasting this pattern causes the simfile to become bland.
- This part feels overlayered at s150.89, I'd tone down on the hands whenever the slow downs come in.
- There aren't really errors, just a lot of copy and pasting. Nice job on the file though.

Gynandromorph (bmah) - [+] 8/10
- Very nicely stepped for such an unusual song. The accents were used well for the background-like sounds.

- Drags on for a bit, nothing else to note.

He Has No Mittens (Tidus810) - [+.] 7/10
- Nothing interesting for such a short song.
- The copy and paste could have been avoided.
- Nothing else to note.

Kage (pxtang) - [+.] 7/10
- Nothing too interesting, although the rhythms to the percussion were well executed from what I can see.
- Nicely done on this one.

Kirby Smash (Xiz) - [+.] 6/10
- Missing jump at s24.24.
- The 24th accents are a good aspect for the simfile. Nice.
- Another at s87.44.
- And when s99.80 starts, your layering choice becomes inconsistent. You're jumping from layering the melody, then the percussion, melody again, then you stop layering. You need to pick an instrument to layer rather than going all over the place with it.
- The anchor at s132.02 is pretty rough compared to the rest of the file. Keep the difficulty balanced.
- Overall, it's not bad, you're having inconsistencies in layering a certain instrument and going all over the place with that. The structure is certainly decent though. Have people playtest your file.

Lawn Wake IX (Plopadop) - [+.] 7/10
- Unsure if you used Puppet's and Cetaka's Lawn Wake IX simfile as a skeleton. But, I can't assume that since your simfile is pretty different.
- s73.45, I don't agree with having hands here. Maybe have grace notes to emphasize the quick bursts?
- You could continue that fading out snare at s78.45.
- There's some notes that are missing between measures 58 and 59. Doesn't seem to have a full feeling of this section.
- s91.36, whoa there. These bursts going in between jumps are pretty brutal for the rest of the file, tone this part down.
- Rest of the file is good from there.

Life's what you make it (StepShy) - [!] N/A
- I cannot judge this since we do not have permission from this artist.

Lost (megamon88) - [+] 8/10
- Cleanly stepped and very fun to play for a hardstyle song.
- Nothing to note.

Malevolent Mansion (Xx{Midnight}xX vs. T-Force) - [+?] 5/10
- Missed a note in the ending of the first roll at s4.82.
- Be careful with patterning the 24ths at s68.40. I suggest sticking to just ascending/descending and split rolls considering the easy nature of the simfile.
- Ghost note at s79.64, get rid of it.
- s85.34, same comment about patterning 24ths.
- Not sure what these jumps at s89.93 are going to.
- When you start using triplets at s96.99, it gets rough for the player to manipulate, and it's a huge jump in difficulty compared to the rest of the file. I suggest making the file harder with extra layering so that it's balanced in difficulty throughout the file.

Missing You (Gammer Remix) (_.Spitfire._) - [+] 8/10
- Nothing I can truly note that'll make the simfile better. All that is playing through is small broken jumpstream.

My Fxxkin Desire For You (Xx{Midnight}xX) - [+.] 8/10
- All of this actually flowed very well. The ending jumpstream is pretty rough but there were no awkward patterns so it's good to go.
- At s129.29 and s130.85, you could make these a hand so that it acknowledges the cymbal crash and the snare.

My So-Called Life (mi40) - [+.] 8/10
- s37.54, inconsistency right here. You're having all cymbals land on the (34) note, so this should be one as well.
- s46.01, there are more cymbals on the (12) jump in the section. Be consistent.
- What are the jumps at s55.19 and s55.54 going to?
- Same thing above with s72.57.
- This file is just riddled with (12) and (34) jumps, would be cool if you could change it up a bit.
- I'd check the PR between measures 51 and 53.
- Got more random jumps at s89.07, s89.42.
- Missing note at s90.74.
- Nice climax theory at s103.89.
- You're making so many consistency errors I can't really point them all out since it gets hard to guess what you're intending to make what instrument fall on a specific note. But, there's nothing terribly wrong, so this still passes.

Nanairopanda (32-bitto Furukura MIX) (Scintill) - [+] 9/10
- I'm seeing some ghost notes through this chart. Supposing it's intentional since it seems to work out well.
- s133.06, feels weird to have this one here when the guitar stops at the 8th jump before this.
- The notes at s156.60 and s156.80 should be 64ths.
- Everything is great about this file, you did awesome.

Neko Miko Reimu (Zakvvv666 & Xx{Midnight}xX) - [+?] 4/10
- One problem I have about this is that this shouldn't have to start on an 8th note. Start on a 4th.
- Work on the PR between measures 2-10.
- The flow of your streams are pretty weird between measures 10-17. I'd work those out to where they have a fluent motion going between each hand (i.e. indexable patterns).
- Nothing at s27.02 constitutes as a jump. I'm assuming you're layering the bass so the jump should occur on s27.21. This happens countless times afterwards.
- Missing 16th at s31.43.
- Finish that roll at s31.89 as a 12341234 roll.
- Another missing 16th at s36.67.
- And again another missing 16th at s41.17.
- You could make these 2 jumps at s42.77 and s42.95 hands to emphasize the powerful guitar/bass/cymbal combo hit there.
- Right after measure 30, nothing is PR'd right there. Work on that.
- These sudden gluts of jumps at s48.95 do not seem to be going to anything.
- The guitar hits at s68.26 doesn't have any pitch relevancy.
- More random jumps at s77.26.
- Missing jump at s106.88
- Overall, you have so many notes that aren't defined very well to the music, the lack of pitch relevancy is a problem here mostly.

Nintendon't (qqwref) - [+?] 5/10
- Some of the 8th jumps after s8.56 do not seem to go to anything. I'd at least put jumps at the snares only.
- I'd put a jump at s12.63 and s13.49 for the synths.
- s18.63, this has a different pitch compared to what you have for the (14) jumps.
- s21.85, missed a jump.
- s25.49, again this has a different pitch.
- The jumpstream starting at s29.13, the jumps do not go to anything prominent. I'm assuming you were layering the wubs. But, it would be best for you to let the jumps go to the percussion.
- Ending the jumpstream at s39.42 just for the fading in vocals disrupts flow in my opinion. You could either layer in the vocals along with the jumpstream or not acknowledge it and keep stepping the jumpstream.
- At s77.13, you're starting each broken jumpstream with a jump that doesn't seem to be going to anything, if it's the bass you're layering then you're missing a lot of bass hits. I'd remove each jump on each starting measure from that point to s89.13
- And starting at s104.56 you have more random jumps that don't go to anything prominent.
- Overall, it's an okay file, but you're making some mistakes in terms what you're trying to layer.

Nuke Blast (samurai7694) - [+?] 5/10
- Missed snare at s34.04.
- Missing some fading in gabber drums near s55.47.
- s66.33, step this as a (24) jump since this is the same sound as the other (24) jumps go to.
- s67.90, missing jump.
- s78.90, you stop stepping that irritating buzz as jumps? Why?
- Rest of the file is okay but becomes very overwhelming compared to the rest of the file. Your song choice is also very irritable since a lot of people on FFR really despise these songs.

Our Final Morning [Standard] (XelNya) - [+?] 4/10
- Missing note at s14.99.
- Another at s34.38.
- The part at s43.43 has too many notes and also has notes that are off-sync.
- I'd be careful with patterning your grace notes at s45.66, especially with a guitar song. I suggest keeping each grace seperated from each other. You also have some after this time interval that aren't supposed to be grace notes.
- Missing note at s56.85. Which also shouldn't have 24th, 48th notes here.
- There's a lot of notes that are off-sync or are ghost notes. Which is pretty hard to go through because it's all cluttered together. Keep working on this and playtesting it.

Over the Bridge (Scintill) - [+] 8/10
- Pretty much another very thoroughly structured simfile from you. There's some copy and pasting in there however which gets really repetitive to play through. Great job otherwise.

Party 4U Future GLOSS mix (DossarLX ODI) - [+.] 6/10
- s15.62, there's no cymbal here to warrant a jump.
- s27.70, and another that shouldn't be a jump.
- The handstream, jumpstream patterns flow nicely.
- That speed up though... wow. These patterns at least need to be more friendly because it's just way too overwhelming compared to the rest of the chart. You could have also used jumps to layer in the cymbals along the speed-up, but only for a short time.

Po Pi Po kouka de uchi no Miku wa kyou mo genki desu (0) - [!] N/A[/b]
- Only a solo chart is provided for this song. Assuming it was a mistake.

Power, Wisdom, Courage (FFR Pro 21) - [+?] 5/10
- Check your sync from s15.94 to s219.64.
- There's nothing all to great about the steps provided for this song, it's mostly jump and handstream.
- Missing something here at s124.80.
- Not sure what the jumps at s134.68 are going to. Assuming it's the guitar. Would be nice if you could start stepping the snares.
- Missing quite a bit of 16ths near s166.61.
- Yeah this simfile gets quite empty and underwhelming without the snare being stepped in some sections such as s199.13.
- The first 3 12ths notes here at s230.20 aren't on sync.
- Missing 16th at s270.16.
- The 16th single notes you have at s315.94 should at least be jumps since the snare drums overlap.
- Overall, it's not bad. But it feels a little bit understepped since you were mostly focused on layering the guitar rather than layering the snare drums alongside. Work on the sync as well.

Prove Them Wrong (Razor) - [+.] 6/10
- There's a lot of copy and pasting going on in this simfile and the patterns are just way too similar.
- s70.33, should be a down arrow as well since it goes to the same wub sound.
- s93.26, missing 4th to the fading in synth.
- s98.78, this one too.
- s140.33, missing 8th note.
- s141.88, should at least be a (14) note since this sound seems to have a higher pitch than s140.85.
- Everything from there is pretty much copy and paste with the mentioned notes above, at least show variation.

Raccoon Flicka (Charu) - [+.] 6/10
- This was not that bad but the whole section between s41.32 and s54.38 with the 32nd minitrills made the rating butcher. Could have had a good jumpstream section going there in my opinion.
- The jumpstream section here s67.44 could have been more varied, doesn't feel like it would work with symmetrical patterns.
- Should have a jump at s78.87.
- Overall, the patterns are pretty well balanced, if you hadn't made that section full of 32nd minitrills this would have been an easy 8/10 at most.

Rain (Amathyst MSM Gate Mortgage Remix) (DossarLX ODI) - [+.] 7/10
- The patterns aren't really that special but are very simple and easy to follow.
- Could have had variation at s68.24 since it's basically a copy and paste of the beginning.

Rainbow Destructor (Arkuski) - [?] 3/10
- This is easily rejectable due to those 64th bursts. Those are uncalled for.
- None of the patterns flow that well, neither do the jumps show any kind of technical structure either (at least they follow the bass).
- I really recommend that you tone down the 64th bursts down to 32nd rolls.
- The section at s82.99 is a mess and the 64ths aren't very audible. I suggest getting rid of the 64ths and making the 32nds small minitrills instead of jacks.
- Missing jump at s133.36.
- Honestly, this simfile isn't going anywhere with the choices you made. I suggest that you learn from people first. At least you put effort into syncing it and having the notes follow.

Remilia2080 (SC_coolguy44) - [--] 0/10
- Just a mess of color notes that goes to absolutely nothing.

Ridorii (Elite Ninja) - [+.] 6/10
- Missed a 16th note at s11.33 which could have been acknowledged.
- s34.33, the melody starts up again and it seems more prominent than whatever those sounds are.
- s57.25, 64th swing? I find it a bit unnecessary but alright. Doubt it'll be noticed if they were 16ths instead.
- s129.89, does not feel like a strong enough cymbal to constitute a hand there.
- Overall, the patterns don't really have good flow and structure to the song. You were also ignoring the melody whenever it came to overlap certain parts of the song.

Rising Blue Lightning (hi19hi19) - [+] 8/10
- Nothing particularly interesting went on in this simfile. Stepped pretty well enough and has good flow.
- Nothing I can note that could make this file better.

-Slapstick- (MarioNintendo) - [+] 8/10
- Missing 16th note to s31.94.
- And another at s35.64.
- This error repeats 2 more times.
- I feel like there's many missing 16ths after s103.83. Not sure though.
- This whole file shows a great amount of variation and it all flows very well. Just some minor mistakes in missing certain vocal notes. To be quite honest, this is my favorite file in the batch.

Stark Raving Mad (Elite Ninja & kjwkjw) - [+] 8/10
- Very well stepped for an easy broken jumpstream file. Plays like Banned Forever.
- Nothing I can really note, patterns flow great. Good job you two.

summerghost (bmah) - [+] 8/10
- Stepped well, honestly I felt it was a bit too streamy for the song itself but that's personal opinion.
- Missing 32nd burst at s36.12?

==========================================================

RESUBMISSIONS:

Child Protective Services Theme Song (alloyus) - [+.] 7/10
- This wasn't bad, the quality of the mp3 needs to be 320kbps though.
- Felt like there were some missing qualities of the song that needed to be stepped, such as the 16ths at s24.34 to the fading in drums.
- The pitch relevancy could be better at the s37.18 mark.
- Suggesting that the jump you have at s48.40 could be updated to a hand to emphasize the loudness of this sound.
- More missing 16ths to the drums at s82.94 that could be stepped.

Day's End (Zakvvv666) - [?] 3/10
- The pitch relevancy isn't close to being up to par. s6.29, sounds like a lower pitch that the 8th note right after.
- s10.91 and s15.01 are in the same pitch but you have 2 different jumps to it.
- A lot of the jumps are inconsistent in pitch afterwards, and the patterns repeat and repeat with nothing new and interesting.
- These 32nds don't start in the right place at s116.55.
- At s133.47, what is this 16th stream going to? Completely out of the blue.
- s150.39, nothing but 32nd graces?
- This simfile needs a lot more work on pitch relevancy, sorry.

Choofers

Aishiteri Yo Ne

File drags on quite a bit. Some sections have really weird use of layering, and other sections seem to have no PR at all, specifically when you drop everything out except synth and vocals. You allergic to the left arrow or something? Needs a cut or a decent overhaul. 5.5/10

Child Protective Services Theme Song

You REALLY need to get a higher quality mp3. I know the mp3 says it's 160, but it's actually around 80 or 90 kbps. Due to compression artifacts, you can hardly tell what's going on. Without the music, the file flows pretty well, but seriously, get a higher quality mp3. I can't let this is as is. 2/10

Day's End

A lot of the jump usage feels really iffy. The 32nds for the swells are a nice touch, and the ending section is a welcomed change after almost two minutes of strange jump usage. Not a bad file, but again, jump usage feels all over the place and definitely needs to be double-checked before this file can get in game. 5/10

GABBA YAKUZA

Not very interesting, but this is mostly due to song choice. I would have liked to see cooler bursts to fit the guy rolling his words. It's nice to see you making easier files with the standard spitfire song style, but this might be kind of boring. Not a bad file, just boring. 6.5/10

Ganbare! X Chan

Song choice is obnoxious, abrasive, and just plain gross. The file, overall, is repetative and doesn't bring anything fun or intuitive to the game. It's simply a white noise, smash-your-hands-until-broken-fingers file with a HUGE difficulty drop that will do nothing but bore the player to death for 40 or so seconds. 3/10

Gentleman

That's certainly one long intro. Once the intro is done, this plays out as just another Venetian Snares file. The ending in particular is cool, and flows well enough, but as a whole, the file drags on A LOT. There are plenty of other Venetian Snares tracks that would make for more interesting files, and... let's face it. Your talent as a stepper feels wasted on a chart like this. 4.5/10

Gerudo Valley Dubstep

This file feels like it lasts FOREVER, and not in a good way at all. Repetative, boring, ultimately a very generic file that will end up being played a handful of times until AAA and then it won't be touched until someone decides to play it with mods or different key setups. There are definitely better and more interesting Zelda dubstep remixes on youtube, just gotta do some searching. 3/10

Girl Directions

Not too shabby. A bit underlayered (would have loved to see some hand usage during the faster sections), but as an easy file, that's alright. This is a lovely step up from the psychostick file I judged during the last batch (hi dore). And the song's kinda funny too. 6.5/10

Grad Erlija

This song sounds like something either bmah or yesssss would step for singles or solo (respectively). The only issues I ran into while playing this file were some iffy grace notes, and that the file drags on a bit. With a cut, this would probably be 7.5-8/10 material, but as it stands now... 7/10
(ps if you do cut and resubmit, layer in some hands, it'll make the file that much better)

Guile of the Rime King

Compared to other Clonepa songs, this is relatively enjoyable, and the same can be said for the chart. Patterns flow well for the most part, some of the jacks are pretty brutal at this speed, but the file is geared towards better players. Grace note usage is solid, and the PR throughout the file is really well done. 8/10

Gynandromorph

The way that you stepped this doesn't fit well AT ALL. When you begin to step that weird hi-hat thing in the background, the file becomes hard to follow and from there on out, it's just terribly repetative and the song doesn't help very much, being as annoying as it is. The only real interesting part of this file during the 32nd section near the end, and even that feels like forever. 4/10

He Has No Mittens

Layering scheme throughout the file seems to bounce back and forth without any discernible reasoning, and with a fast song like this, you sure made some sections really boring. Difficulty spikes don't make sense, and that stream at m27 makes no sense. 4.5/10

Kage

Had to quit out, file and song are utterly boring. 2/10

Kirby Smash

Not bad. I would highly recommend mixing up m34-m40 because as it stands right now, it's pretty repetative (in terms of PR it's basically perfect but you're following it too strictly) and it's not very fun to play those 32nd trills on one hand, even at 108 bpm. m56-m58, it looks like you forgot to layer in some snares. Fix those issues up, and this file would be pretty decent. 6.5/10
This next part you don't have to do, but I personally think it'd be cool to not step the synth from m43 up to the bpm color note part. Doing that would provide a break for the player to gather his wits, considering how dense the next section is compared to the rest of the file.

Lawn Wake IX

I'm not sure what to think about this chart. Some sections feel oddly similar to Puppet and Cetaka's chart in DCP, and it's obvious that you used their sync for it (pfx's chart doesn't have that small speedup in the end of his chart, iirc). Some polyrhythms are kinda nasty, and PR during the slowdowns seem off, but this chart is really good. 8/10

Life's What You Make It

Sick song choice, although the song definitely doesn't make for a good, interesting, or fun chart. Sorry man, even though it's a cut, this file drags on so much. Feels like I'm playing the same patterns over and over forever. 3/10

Lost

The song isn't particularly interesting, the chart is awfully generic (and yes, even the 192nd section is generic), and your hand is usage is utterly atrocious. For an easy file though, it's not too bad. Couldn't see many people enjoying this file either, but at least it's made decently. 5/10

Malevolent Mansion

Short easy file, not too many issues. Some of the 24th sections don't flow very well, especially at this speed, and the 32nds are going to ruin a lot of scores for players. I'd recommend changing the 32nds near the end to use all 4 columns, using different roll patterns to accomadate the sounds (for example, instead of 124124124, use something like 13241324). 6/10

Missing You (Gammer Remix)

Missed a few sounds during the intro, and the 16th stream is VERY right hand biased; awkward patterns don't make it any better. After the intro, the file gets a bit better. Not particularly interesting that you stepped the synth like you did, but it works. Double check the intro, and this'd be a pretty fun file. 6.5/10

My Fxxkin Desire For You

Woah, this file is actually pretty good. That 64th roll around m71 should actually be 48ths. The jumpstream section at the end is slightly awkward, and the 12th section doesn't fit very well, imo. Very solid file though, especially coming from you. 7.5/10

My So-Called Life

Flows really well, although the beginning drags on for quite a bit. If you can think of a way to cut the beginning just a tad, this file would be great. 7/10

Nanairopanda 32 Bitto

Woah. Certain sections are stepped a bit strange (specifically sections where you stepped background noises instead of foreground noises), and some transitions are brutal, but wow, does this file own. 8.5/10

Meko Miko Reimu

Bursts were generally inconsistent, and the file as a whole was really underwhelming and boring. Well stepped, but I would have loved to see more flair in certain parts. 5/10

Nintendon't

This song is really cool haha, file fits really well, even though, like with most files in this batch, it tends to drag on after a while. Personal opinion, but you should do something a bit different with m42-m52. Specifically... minijacks? 7/10

Nuke Blast

dat roll... At least it's at the beginning so when people screw it up, they can reset without losing much time haha. Dang, this file is really cool and the ending is basically perfect. The only real issue I had is the transition into the 12th jack. Other than that, really cool file. 7.5/10

Our Final Mourning

I get what you were trying to do, but at such a low speed, the grace notes are very awkward to hit, and a lot of them are inaccurate to begin with. This needs basically a full overhaul to be accepted. Quite an ambitious file for someone whose name I haven't seen before. 4/10

Over the Bridge

Man you are quickly becoming one of my favorite simfile artists. File fits the song really well, and although it doesn't have the energy of files like Twister or Nanairopanda, it's still fun as hell. 8/10

Party 4U Future GLOSS Mix

It's obvious that you stepped this because of the ending, because the rest of the file is uninspired jumpstream (that jack section is a nice touch though). 5/10

Po Pi Po kouka de uchi no Miku wa kyou mo genki desu

nice pattern usage did you get it at a garage sale

Power, Wisdom, Courage

File is REALLY well stepped, wow. Only issue is that sync seems to drift here and there throughout the file. I highly recommend going through and double checking syncing. But man, this file is great. 8.5/10

Prove Them Wrong

Definitely a step up from Aishiteru, flows well and grace notes aren't all over the place. Fun file, would love to see a SM chart for this when you get a chance. 7/10

Raccoon Flicka

The intro is boring, as well as the outro, but that's due to the song. The rest of the file is pretty cool though. That 32nd trill section was a great touch, nice job on that. HOWEVER, it's obvious that you copy-paste-mirrored the file near the end (right handed jack becomes a left handed jack, the steps that fit the stereo panning near the end are reversed, etc). Change up some patterns, use some climax theory, or something. 6/10

Rain (Amathyst MSM Gate Mortgage Remix)

I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for a really cool breakdown because this file is basically a 2 minute long buildup. It never happened. File kept dragging on and on. 3/10

Rainbow Destructor

Quit out once I hit the first 64th wall. This is FFR, patterns like that will get you killed. 2/10

Remilia2080

nice jokes man 0.1/10

Ridorii

God this song sucks. I don't think you could have picked a worse Renard track to step. Song drags on a lot and the file isn't really interesting, except from m75 to m77. The only way I could see this file getting into FFR is if it gets cut quite a bit, or the file gets a complete difficulty overhaul. But then that'll defeat the purpose of you stepping this for lower-level players. But to be honest, I couldn't see many people enjoying this file as is. 4/10

Rising Blue Lightning

Is this a zaghurim file or a hi19 file, I think the cdtitles got mixed up. Really fun, although a cut wouldn't hurt your score! 7.5/10

Stark Raving Mad

Oh cool, another Renard file. A bit better than Ridorii, this definitely has some interesting parts but for the most part, pattern usage is underwhelming in sections and just plain generic in others. As fast as the song is, you could definitely use some more interesting patterns and have the fun-factor and replayability of this file sky-rocket. 5.5/10

summerghost

Really fun. Couldn't find any issues. 8/10

-slapstick-
Dingaling. Fun little file, although not terribly interesting. Couldn't see any issues in this one either. 7.5/10

TC_Halogen

RESUBMISSIONS
Child Protective Services Theme Song (alloyus)
Rating: 7/10 [+.]

- check rhythm at 5.709
- 40.076: PR could be improved slightly on the right three arrows here, you could get more relevancy with the jump being [23], and then proceeding with 8th notes as follows: [23], 4, 3, 2, 4, 2, 4, 3, 2, 4, 3, 2, 3
- 45.864: same deal as above, literally. You could mirror it since it's quite clear that this melody is intended to be accented with runningmen, but that's only if you care about pattern differentiation - it's truly not important
- 74.442: move to down arrow for more accurate PR
- 96.147: will agree with bmah here, change this to a jump rather than having the extra 16th
- 101.935: will also agree with bmah here, jump for accent purpose
- on a more critical note, pitch relevance could still use a bit of improvement in various places where repeated taps are used to try to "save room" for higher notes in terms of column placement
- file looks queue-worthy to me, but I strongly suggest that this gets conditional queue'd until we can find a better audio file, because this sounds horrible compared to what it should sound like.

Day's End (Zakvvv666)
Rating: 5/10 [+?]

- chart is noticeably early
- jump placement doesn't seem 100% consistent in some areas -- 61.679 is a strangely placed jump that doesn't have a combined layering or some sort of accented sound; 69.885 and 73.987 (there are others) are also jumps that seem arbitrary because there are a number of bass drum hits that don't have jumps at all, as well as there being a missing snare like at 74.500
- 62.961: missing string accents? You accented them earlier.
- pitch relevance could use some improvement overall, particularly in areas where there are a very well defined melody that you can base your other extraneous patterns around
- 116.549: 32nd burst is misplaced by an 8th note; start it at 116.293
- 133.471: shouldn't be a constant 16th run; this part of the song is essentially traveling on air and has no percussion keeping the song grounded, so having the most intense part of the chart here is somewhat strange
- this song really does have a lot of potential for a good chart, but it does require a bit more of an undertaking than a usual song because it has very detailed instrumentation. A good start for improvement might be to clarify your layering structure for jumps and improve your pitch relevancy for things you truly want the player to pay attention to, because I actually found it somewhat difficult trying to analyze your jump structure. Things did eventually find their way to making sense, but not in ways that a player would understand upon playing, and likely not in the way you intended.

Aishiteru Yo Ne (Razor)
Rating: 8/10 [+]

- 37.127: PR could use a little improving here (41.973 is an exception to this).
- 125.454: 32nd here is ghosted.
- 125.743 to 155.281: while the bass drum isn't prevalent, a half tempo section isn't the greatest thing here aesthetically because the song is still somewhat active and does have occasions where 8th notes at full tempo would look appropriate.
- last two jumps of the song seem a bit arbitrary, haha.

Good song with nice and diverse patterns. The half-tempo section near the end of the song is a bit strange, but the file itself presents a lot of pretty tricky and well thought out patterns - definitely queue-worthy in my eyes.

GABBA YAKUZA (RoughSketch 2011 Remix) (_.Spitfire.)
Rating: 6/10 [+.]

- 13.344 to 35.932: quite boring having to just do straight 4ths in comparison to the rest of the file, which is somewhat active...
- 35.932 to 40.520/41.579 to 45.814: overly simplistic patterns -- why not break the forcing of LD/UR for bass drums to allow some more pattern variation through accenting of the higher notes of the synth?
- 46.167: 24ths should be 32nds
- 46.520: that deep little bass blip is 48ths starting here, not at 46.697
- 87.461: little vocal roll in the voice, if you're interested in accenting it here (you did so earlier in the file)
- 92.402 to 103.697: very good patterning
- 105.285: this up arrow is strange to me; either a.) this should be a jump or b.) there should be a note at 104.226 for the vocal
- 126.285: understandable layering shift with the ride coming in, but it seems like such a harsh increase because it doesn't quite pierce into the track as strong as the clap/snare combo does in the next section

File isn't bad, but it seems overdone in some spots and very lackluster/uninteresting in others.

Ganbare! X Chan (MrPopadopalis25)
Rating: 4/10 [+?]

- holy fuck this file, haha
- 12.044: the 64th jumps are bit overdone, because you're essentially giving the recoil of the bass drum the same accenting power as an actual bass drum sample; in a slower section, this would be alright, but in a faster section, it's very limiting for you and your pattern choices.
- 14.168: missing step for a percussion sample
- 15.246: 64ths here are fine, because there are definitely audible samples
- 21.228: Pitch relevance on the snares, nice. It makes your fingers actually feel like they're doing something coherent in a really fast stream. The scale alternation at 22.290 was a really good catch, too!
- 24.851: be a little bit more generous with your pattern choices -- there are a ton of patterns that force one handed mini-trills; they are incredibly uncomfortable coming in and out.
- 34.035/34.550: For instances where the patterns are closer than 1/16th apart, it would definitely be a bit better to use one-handed jump patterns (i.e. [12][34]) because the conversions might force insanely tight
- 36.096: jump is incorrectly placed and belongs at 36.159
- 40.032: similar to 12.044, you have jumptrill pattern that relies on the recoil of the bass drum
- 44.031: also similar to 12.044; at normal speed, it just sounds like straight 8ths and the 64th jumps seem arbitrary.
- 46.155: another missing step for a percussion sample
- 62.023: somewhere around here, the sync gets noticeably off -- steps like 84.014 should be at 84.031 (17ms); at the start of the 120 BPM section, your first note is 28 ms early (step at 96.019 should be at 96.047
- 114.001: step should be at 114.038 (37 ms early).

The simfile drifts a bit, particularly in the second half. An interesting thing about this file is that it attempts to keep an even flow, but breaks structure consistently by interchanging jumps with bass drums/snare drums in differing areas; it's an understandable structure, but it feels quite overdone in some areas (the pattern choices certainly do not help).

GENTLEMAN (samurai7694)

- 37.192: those repeated patterns are beautiful.
- 40.296: very nice accent out of the repetition.
- 68.054: for the sake of accenting, it would be a good idea to change this to a jump that isn't R/D, since the alternating split-handed jumps accent the differentiation in the sample's tone
- 88.830: accenting is proper, but it does create a 16th mini-jack in the process
+8- 139.348: missed note
- 149.175: ghost note
- 151.503: obviously not a point deduction by any means, but would you consider changing this pattern to accommodate for the pitch shift in the snares?
- 173.313: ghost note
- 181.417: missing note
- 189.261: clever patterning for the background synthesizer's change in pitch
- 208.744: yikes, this pattern is nasty at this speed
- 265.813: ouch, one-handed mini-burst which forces a 16th mini-jack on the up arrow
- 266.848/267.192: overstepped bursts (should be 32nds) -- check rhythms
- the layering in this file seems somewhat strange... sometimes there's triples for the short cymbals, sometimes there's triples for layering purposes, there's sometimes jumps for snares/bass drums, and other times there's just jumps for bass on its own -- it seems like there is a system but I'm having issues discerning it, personally. Despite being long, I did enjoy it and it ended quite quickly for me, despite the length.

Gerudo Valley Dubstep Rap (yo man im awesome)

- 24.234: very odd pattern placement
- 55.091: great combined layering; nice touch holding layering to the percussion only and mixing the layering with the background synth, it looks very clean
- 111.877: based on what I hear audibly, I suggest you remove the jumps at 111.877, 113.591, 115.306, etc (listen to the music for the other examples)
- file makes sense and is correct overall, no complaints at all really
- song's audio quality seems a bit low but I'm not 100% sure

Girl Directions (DarkZtar)

- layering is very explicit and clear, and fits very well with the song
- sync goes in and out from on time to noticeably off sync, but it shouldn't make a huge difference on FFR, honestly.

Grad Erlija (iironiic)

- 17.538: those 24ths for the bass-drum should be 32nds
- 37.911/45.076: missing note for background instrument?
- 54.143: missing note for melody
- 56.941: this flourish is a bit faster than 24ths, but is hard to define -- 32nds might work a bit better here
- 71.270: 48ths should be 64ths
- 76.643: missing 32nd bass drums?
- 92.314: check rhythms; should be 16ths
- 94.553: should be 32nds.
- 98.359: rhythm should be two 16ths into four 24ths as opposed to the seven 24ths you have
- 100.038: missing 16th
- 105.523: should be 16ths
- 106.643: should be 16ths
- 108.658: should be 32nds
- 114.255: should be 32nds
- 116.046: should be 32nds
- 141.288: missing note for bass drum
- 148.284: should be 32nds
- there are more instances where the melody should be represented with a different instrument, or where the bass drum is accounted for as 24ths (or 48ths at half speed) when it should be 32nds (or 64ths) -- you actually use the correct rhythm in a few instances, but disregard the correct rhythm in more intense areas?
- 197.762: this 24th trill should only be 12ths; there's actually no opposing notes on the offbeat 24ths
- 198.210: should be 12ths instead of 16ths
- 202.016: should be 16ths
- ending could be synced appropriately rather than using random color notes
- This file has a pretty definitive and accurate layering structure, which is detracting from the incorrect rhythms that are hardly noticeable at normal rate. I would still polish up a few areas here to ensure that you are representing accented flourishes/bass drum rushes accordingly. Most players that enjoy previous Grand Thaw files will enjoy this one too.

Guile of the Rime King (FissionMailed1)

- 2.254/2.406: these two notes land right next to each other in terms of tone, so use U/R instead of R/U (not a big deal, but it was the very first thing I saw )
- 31.228: good attention to PR.
- 64.559/64.854: accenting the clap with a different color is fine, but in this particular area, it is daunting to hit separated as is -- this likely will create a nasty frame issue, too -- be mindful of things like this. It might be better to just turn the 48ths to 4ths (i.e. 4th jumps) rather than separating, just for the sake of playability and frame cleanliness.
- 73.469: change this to something that isn't a down arrow, as the next two pairings of notes are a different percussion sample
- 115.438: very nice change in pattern for the tonal change
- 146.723: missed a note
- for my tastes, not bad at all! One of the minor things that I noticed was a slight inconsistency in colored accenting for overtones (buzzes) in half BPM areas, but it's hardly a big deal. The structure is pretty straight-forward, but the pattern choice really shines during the drum breaks, as patterns repeat in accordance to the sequencing of the samples. Also: is it possible for you to get a constant BPM for this? Your sync seemed pretty good, but I couldn't help but notice that it was jumping all over the place, which is a little odd for Clonepa, haha.

Gynandromorph (bmah)
Rating: 10/10 [++]

- this file...
- the 192nd note usage in this file is absolutely fantastic
- I really hope people like this file as much as I do, because this file truly is flawless once you understand what's going on in the layering. I can't conjure up a single legitimate flaw.

He Has No Mittens (Tidus810)

- the file's rhythm is correct, so is the pitch relevance for the most part...
- however, this file's structure is wildly inconsistent and has large variance in difficulty.
- the opening of the file starts with a jumpstream at 210 BPM; despite being short, it's disproportionately harder than the rest of the file
- 3.818 to 22.675: fairly easy, with no layering for the snares or other percussion, despite the intro having that combination
- 31.818: no stream for the first half, but a stream for the second half?
- very short file, and unfortunately, too variable to be queue-worthy for me

Kage (pxtang)
Rating: 3/10 [?]

- 3.113/4.776/7.063: missing jump for bass drum
- 8.103: missing jump for snare
- 13.300: missing note?
- 18.284: this jump seems a little arbitrary, considering all of the jacks were single notes previously
- 18.908: missing jump for bass drum
- 19.532: jump here also seems arbitrary, considering that mini-jack formations avoided jumps oreviously until this point
- 23.690: should be 24ths; also, where's the layering for the 8-bit melody you added less than a second ago?
- 23.897: missing jump
- 25.665: missing note for the melody
- there are many other instances of missing notes, added notes, inconsistent layering, etc
- very very short, somewhat draggy, and doesn't have a solid structure to even be considerable for queue

Kirby Smash (Xiz)

- 35.353: Well placed color trick!
- 39.070/39.660: missed a note for the bass
- 46.465: I'm not sure how others will take to the implicit call/response thought you have (call is the heavy bass while ignoring the melody, response is ignoring the bass while representing the melody), but I'm quite fond of it
- 49.799: the swing from the melody and the percussion actually disappears here, so this particular beat should only contain 16ths
- 53.896: this riff is constant, so you're missing a note
- 54.243: see 49.799
- 59.799: this section could benefit from accenting the bass drum a bit, but your structure is nicely defined with snare accenting, so it's certainly optional.
- 64.243: unfortunately, this section really could use some help. The pitch relevancy shows that you certainly know what you're doing, but it's very empty.
- 73.132: take advantage of the melody to play with patterns a bit -- you're accounting for deviratives of the same melody with the exact same ascending pattern; play around a bit to make it more interesting! On another note, I strongly suggest adding jumps, because you have a large area of the chart that seems really lightly layered now when the song itself is quite heavy and utilizes some faster rhythms.
- 120.634: where did the jumps go?
- This file isn't bad at at all. There are a few kinks that can be worked out, but it's certainly not unplayable. Queue-worthy with proper rhythms, layering, and pitch-relevancy to boot.

Lawn Wake IX (MrPopadopalis25)

- 10.225: missed a repeated note for the synth.
- 13.774/24.096: arbitrary note -- neither the melody nor do the subtle percussion really fall there
- 61.193/61.839: these buzz accents are fine, but I can't help but feel like it would be more effective to use a full 32nd roll to accent the full overtone
- 74.098: the snare disappears here; the 48th/12th are misplaced and need to be adjusted to accent those really subtle sounds you're trying to follow
- 76.114: missed a note for percussion
- 91.356: this part really hurts the file; it went from somewhat difficult to absolutely ridiculous in just a short section
- 123.936: not sure if the bass drum is intentionally omitted for the 3/64th bursts, because they are a bit of a "special" accent and somewhat rare, but it is somewhat distracting to hear a bass-drum and not see any jumps as you have been doing throughout the entire file.
- 125.226: missing jump for bass drum
- file is alright, but really needs to have that one cluster of jumps/steps to be changed, because those split-handed jump/burst combinations are more than enough to make a player never want to touch the file again, ranked or not.

Life's what you make it (Stepshy)
Rating: [!][N/A]

- permission issue

Lost (megamon88)
Rating: 9/10 [+]

- file moves quickly, plays well, and has some tasteful colored notes.
- the pitch relevance could use some very slight tweaking, but it's certainly not incorrect by any stretch of the imagination.

Malevolent Mansion (Xx{Midnight}xX vs. T-Force)

- 4.118: pattern change happens a note too early and forces a 12th mini-jack
- jump usage seems somewhat inconsistent throughout the file; the jumps follow bass-drum, snares, combinations, or even neither sometimes. The section with the 16ths has jumps placed for bass drum/snares, but occasionally has (and doesn't have) them for when the melody coincides with the percussion -- it's not clear at all.
- 16th stream is a huge spike, yikes
- song is missing a few jumps for snares at the end
- those 32nds are a ridiculous difficulty spike compared to the rest of the file
- file needs a lot of work overall

Missing You [Gammer Remix] (_.Spitfire._)

- this song sounds fantastic.
- 29.974: what are the repeated taps for? The melody doesn't have repeated taps and isn't quite distinct on its own to merit that different of an accent.
- 59.668 to end: straight-forward layering, very solid, and progresses very appropriately.
- that's a lot of jumps!
- great file overall.

My Fxxkin Desire For You (Xx{Midnight}xX)

- layering for nearly the entire file is very explicit and to the point; no games, you're playing exactly what you're clearly hearing
- because of how stringent the layering is for the file, it's hard to conjure up errors because it's extremely clear what's being followed
- that ending stream is brutal compared to the rest of the file
- the color change was a bit unnecessary considering you're just accenting drum fills -- the rhythm is right, but the notation is incorrect (hence the reason why all jumps aren't all on 4th).
- nothing bad to say about the file itself, but the difficulty changes are quite violent

My So-Called Life (mi40)

- pretty simple instrumentation in the intro, why isn't there any pitch relevance?
- off-beat bassdrums not accented at 31.274/31.450? Not a daunting error, but somewhat noticeable
- 48.656: misrhythm (should be 3/64ths)
- 55.009: prominent bass drum missing a jump here
- 65.156: what does this jump go to?
- 67.891: what are these jumps? There's no prominent percussion instruments/melody to merit such a large amount of jumps here.
- 80.950: sounds are hardly audible, let alone good for utilizing jumps
- 88.714 to 89.773: more jumps that are barely
- 121.625/122.155: what does this triple accent?
- 132.389: a jump could be added here to account for the snare
- 147.742: jump timing is a bit off compared to the prominent percussion, take a listen again and restructure the jumps a bit more
- 155.153: missing note
- 159.477: missing jump for snare?
- arguably overlayered ending that seems to deviate in and out from proper and over-abundant layering
- pattern choices are overall uninspiring; there's a lot of LD/UR jump choices and it could be changed quite a bit to be more to have some better pattern choices

Nanairopanda [32-bitto Furukura MIX] (SKG_Scintill)
Rating: 9/10 [+]

- fantastic file, dead accurate, perfect layering, but the perfection is a curse in that it forces a few nasty patterns.
- this file just looks amazing visually, but it plays just as nicely for about 95% of it.

Neko Miko Reimu (Zakvvv666 & Xx{Midnight}xX)
Rating: 3/10 [?]

- blue note syndrome?
- 14.272 to 24.020: there are breaks in the percussion; this shouldn't be a 16th run
- 26.270 to 38.268: poor jump usage -- doesn't really represent any sort of actual layering/accenting; there are some correctly placed jumps rarely, but the jumps falling on every 8th don't make sense a good majority of the time
- 31.894: remove 32nd burst, there's nothing there to merit that
- 37.143: check rhythms; this isn't a constant 16th run
- 40.986/41.173: missing 16ths for percussion
- 41.830: the accenting of this drum fill happens a bit too early -- it is the proper rhythm, but a piece of it is barely audible; consider removing a few steps
- 41.455: ghost note
- 55.515: technically missing a note for the bass drum, but it's not required to have it in my eyes
- 67.512: coincidentally, this is the same drum fill that is used at 55.515, so make them both the same (whether or not you omit the note is on you).
- 77.261: that power guitar is pretty far in the background, so the jump placement here is debatable; considering how the same thing happens at 89.258 and you avoid the jumps, you should probably avoid it the first time around
- 91.508: missing a cymbal crash?
- a large majority of this file has very arbitrary/ambiguous jump placement, and there are all sorts of inconsistencies/technical errors littered throughout the file; needs a lot of work to be more clear and to the point, and to be more correct as well

Nintendon't (qqwref)

- the file name for your .sm file made me laugh
- 29.133 to 39.419: your structure seems a bit wonky to me -- I some jumps for snare and bass, but there are jumps that almost seem useless for the sake of accenting. It's not horribly distracting, but would you consider altering your structure to follow the bass drum/snares here? A constant run with those kind of accents would play very cleanly.
- 42.847: tasteful use of a generalized/syncopated rhythm, it fits really nicely here: this is a perfect example of just following the flow of the music, rather than the sequencing itself.
- the file either has a note missing for the vocal syllable "don't" at the end of the song for me, or you didn't account for it
- another note (non-deducting of course): if you want true precision, there are various 24th bursts that actually are 3/64 + 3/64 + 2/64 + 3/64 + 3/64 + 2/64 apart (so, instead of seven 24th notes, you would have R/G/O/B/G/O/R, haha).
- structure is solid, a bit implicit in a few areas but certainly easy to understand overall

Nuke Blast (samurai7694)

- 18.326: at this point, the file is 12 ms late -- adjust the sync so that the bass drum after the reverse cymbal starts at 18.314
- honestly, the file is very sound on a technical level. HOWEVER, the difficulty is all over the place and it spikes highest just before the very end of the song.
- chart isn't bad by any means.

Our Final Mourning (XelNya)

- 5.442: this 64th blip confuses me, because it sounds like it's just an atonal guitar slide - however, there are other instances where you opt out of accenting it (9.007, 12.551, etc) -- for the purpose of this file and the sake of it being easier, I would simply stick to the guitar and none of the fancy sound effects like hand slides, pitch bends/etc
- some of the faster blips have a note or two that aren't placed properly?
- 14.995: missing note
- 17.689: lotta step shere but only two notes are really audible
- 21.418: another spot where there's number of flams but considerably less pitch bends/notes
- 26.601: this pairing of notes is very off-sync
- 37.717: 192nd really doesn't serve a purpose here
- 43.432/43.653: drop the 192nd and 48th, respectively - there's no grace notes/slides or anything else to merit a flam-like motion
- 44.756 to 73.241: commendable concept with flams, but your problem is that the song is -very- slow and if the 192nds are just to accent the second guitar, they're doing so in a way that will create a lot of flams rather than being tasteful in coloring. If the 192nds are just to account for the guitar separation (which I don't believe, considering there's not any legitimate jumps), there are a number of areas where it should just be jumps and nothing else.
- 56.997 to 57.734: check rhythm here
- 82.106 to 83.934: check rhythms here
- relevance could use a lot of work, and the overall rhythm structure isn't very sound, either
- there are a ridiculous amount of flams here that, when played at a normal rate, just look downright strange. The file doesn't play very smoothly, despite being a very smooth song, because there's too much attention to a technicality within the song that doesn't exist.

Over the Bridge (SKG_Scintill)

- explicit structure, everything is very easily followed visually and understandably
- 81.407/142.472/153.833: missing jump for the guitar
- 170.874: massive mis-rhythmic structure; rhythm is more detailed than that
- 178.478: flam?
- 187.028: fantastic pattern choice for PR
- 211.614: missing note for the bass-drum here
- 211.454: missing note for snare drum (this and the note before it aren't a big deal, because they're in a more relaxed section anyway)
- great file; aside from the short run of 16ths for the guitar which is noticeably incorrect, the structure is very clean, easy to pick up on, and has great bits that are visually appealing.

Party 4U "Future GLOSS Mix" (DossarLX ODI)

- 9.583: if your jumps are strictly for cymbal crashes, you should remove this 8th jump here
- 15.621: ^ and here too.
- 20.338: you accent the cymbal crashes the second time this happens, but why not the first time?
- from this point... oh boy.
- one of the toughest things I'm having issues with about this file is that the first 70% of it on normal rate looks and feels right for the most part -- one of the things that I can come up with is that your massive combination of layering from 27.885 to 52.036 just looks terrible. A thorough look at the song proves your structure to be correct, but it visually looks like a mess -- the first half of this section looks worse than the second half because it's relatively tame in terms of song structure
- ending patterns are harsh in a few spots, but the stream is overall pretty tame in terms of patterning aside from those rare occasions
- it's a really tough call for me; it's very explicitly/cleanly done, but looks overdone in the first half, at the very least

Po Pi Po kouka de uchi no Miku wa kyou mo genki desu (0)
Rating: [!][0/10]

- no 4-key file in SM or DWI file

Power, Wisdom, Courage (FFR Pro 21)

- BPM drifts on and off slightly, as did the last version of this chart
- missing jump at 57.289 for the guitar
- jumpstreams in the early part of the song are improved compared to last chart, thankfully
- 74.335: at this point of the song, the guitar's structure changes by accenting the 1st/4th/7th/(every 3 notes) as opposed to being the same note over and over again, so reflect that by doing a pattern like 122344 (etc - something that accounts for the lower notes and higher guitar appearing/disappearing).
- 84.727: ^
- 101.615: this is clever pattern placement.
- 116.554: the double bass-drum breaks here; check your rhythm
- 120.160 to 157.321: this section has repeated taps for the lower guitar, but some of those taps shouldn't be repeated
- 158.869: many missing notes for the horn/trumpet/etc here
- 192.934 to 205.321: patterns could be a bit more diverse/relevant to the guitar -- there's just a lot of 1234321 (zig-zagging) patterns
- 236.201: rather than having this strange 3/64th note run, reset the BPM back to 155 to make this a normal 16th run that leads into the next guitar riff
- 257.690: some missing notes for the guitar
- 263.388: missing note for the bass drum
- 280.904: arbitrary jump
- 282.356: ghost note
- 295.808: because the 16ths here technically follow the background string, spread the pattern out a bit more. You might do better accenting the lower guitars here as mini-trills (starting at 290.388) and using the jumps for the main guitar to leverage your trill patterns to maintain pitch relevancy on the main guitar.
- 319.808: this jump should be shifted up a 16th, try to avoid accidental mini-jacks in the process (put at 319.711)
- 320.388: this jump too (put at 320.292)
- 323.872: shift jump down a 16th, etc
- 323.743: add jump for guitar, etc
- 326.969: shift jump down a 16th, etc
- 332.195: shift up a 16th
- chart looks a little better, but still needs sync work in a lot of areas; rhythmic errors/technical errors aren't nearly as prevalent as the previous chart

Prove Them Wrong (Razor)

- 27.972: that's a very silly yet sensical 192nd note
- 82.747/171.017: questionable mini-jack, since the samples are different
- the usage of jumps is somewhat confusing throughout the file -- times where you feel like it's following the bass, it follows the percussion; times where it follows the percussion, it avoids percussion existing on 8ths, eh.
- file is clean and plays nice despite the strange jump placement

Racoon Flicka (Charu)

- 30.199: missing jump
- 41.117 to 54.383: ahahaha
- 82.444: ^
- 106.627 to end: layering seems a bit light considering how much starts happening here
- file's alright. Follows rhythm appropriately, has accurate pitch relevancy, and respectable layering.

Rain (Amathyst MSM Gate Mortgage Remix) (DossarLX ODI)

- file is slightly early
- 31.607: this jump seems arbitrary
- 34.130: no step for percussion?
- 85.236: this pattern choice is quite nice
- 116.563: 24ths are alright here because most people will think it sounds correct, but it's actually 3/64 + 3/64 + 2/64th gaps (red/green/orange)
- because of the lower speed and constant slow 16th note streaming, the file does drag on a bit

Rainbow Destructor (Arkuski)
Rating: 2/10 [?]

- remove those streams of 64ths; even 64th rolls at the speed would not be acceptable unless your file is intended to be absolutely ridiculous outside of those sections (see: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei, and even then, that's a pretty big exception on its own).
- as a stepartist that I haven't seen submit a file to FFR before, I have to say, you're certainly leaps and bounds ahead in terms of understanding than most others on their first attempt - you just need to learn some control and realize that certain patterns really need to be utilized sparingly.

As far as the chart itself:
- there is a defined usage for the mini-jacks, which is nice.
- the 32nd rolls are alright, but they are for a sound that is very subtle
- 23.363: when forming 32nd bursts at this speed, be mindful of your patterns and try to avoid 16th note mini-jacks contained within streams (this also includes 32nds that are two spaces apart, as it reduces to 1/16th spacing)
- 44.752: ghost note (remove it, it follows nothing)
- 47.391: remove
- 58.981: note isn't quite audible (it's an acceptable transition, but know that this second note isn't the easiest to hear)
- 65.122: see 23.363
- 67.900: strange mini-jack placement; there are other instances of this earlier in the chart too, come to think of it
- 82.993 to 94.845: check your rhythm - you're not always accenting the bass properly
- 109.474: careful here, you have a three note-jack that intersects with a jump when only two of those three appropriately represent the percussion that you've been following -- look out for these intersections in any files that you work on!
- a lot of the mistakes that happened earlier in the song continue to happen; work on improving your file's clarity/pattern choices so that they represent the song a bit more accurately.
- surprisingly, this file has nearly perfect rhythmic representation and actually has proper jump usage for the bass drum, but there is a huge lack of control in the file, as there are walls of 32nds and 64ths with absolutely insane patterns.

Remilia2080 (SC_coolguy44)
Rating: 1/10 [-]

- stepchart is not possible to correctly judge, as the BPM is off by 70 (should be 280), offset is incredibly far off, and the file does not utilize standard notation to appropriately assess instrumentation intervals/structure. Check out some stepping guides and learn how to properly sync and offset your files and submit an awesome file to this sick song!

Ridorii (Elite Ninja)

- chart is noticeably late looking in DDream
- 0.130 to 11.414: PR is noticeably improvable -- for example: 0.130 and 2.070 are the same note with different arrows (alternatively: 1.365 + 2.070 are the same arrow, but two different notes). Check all of your steps and ensure they scale appropriately.
- 11.414 to 17.056: PR goes out the window, heh.
- 22.874: missing note for...whatever that thing is.
- 27.810: the repeated tap makes it seem like the two up arrows should follow a repeated sound, but they don't
- 41.298: missing 16th
- 44.118: missing 16th
- 56.901 to 67.479: swing is a nice touch
- 152.810: good attention to the bass in your layering, makes it look a bit more sophisticated/intricate
- for me, this file drags like hell because it's a lot of the same sequencing. The file is appropriately charted in most areas, but it leads to somewhat boring results due to a lot of the same patterning throughout. This song might benefit from a cut. The 64th swing was somewhat of a saving grace, and the 12th note streams made the file go from incredibly boring to somewhat interesting
- queue-worthy? maybe. the file is quite simplistic because the song doesn't provide much.

Rising Blue Lightning (hi19hi19)

- 8.817/13.655: is the accent worthy of removing the main instruments? Seems like a strange interruption to me, personally.
- 86.329: missing note
- 90.970: why'd you stop accenting the synth?
- 135.996: PR can be improved for the next few notes here, at the least
- 141.625: to avoid the constant 1234 ascension, why not alternate between 1234/1324 to give that scale alternation feel?
- 157.621: mini-jack?
- 184.873: should be a down arrow for PR
- 218.939: fill in until the last step with some plain streaming, just to end the file smoothly
- overall, I'm actually not fond of this file compared to your other rock songs -- there are a lot of strange interruptions for accents that have constantly running instruments between them; I understand accenting priority, but this file just seems awkward in some spots
- pitch relevance overall is alright, but has a lot of repeated patterns where manipulation can be done to give a different appearance while providing a relatively similar motion
- song feels quite long, despite being only three and a half minutes.
- possibly queue-worthy, but this file could certainly use a tune-up on some finer technicalities

-Slapstick- (MarioNintendo)

- 30.214/31.137: not sure the reasoning behind omitting the snares here, it doesn't get in the way very much
- 31.944 to 46.368: a few steps missing for lyrics, double-check these
- 97.137/112.079: can't quite discern the 32nds
- a few more missing steps for lyrics peppered throughout the end, but certainly not detracting from your otherwise explicit layering overall
- very nicely structured file

Stark Raving Mad (Elite Ninja & kjwkjw)

- run of the mill Renard song
- 70.651: I'd personally prefer to see this as a half-BPM section, because the drum sequence is very slow and the percussion seems to be shifted downward in pitch to the point where it might be stretched (as in, it defaults at a high tempo but is stretched to fit a lower one)
- 125.509: ^
- nothing erroneous in this file; step structure is decent but follows percussion for a large majority of it, therefore leading to some slight repetition (and some drag, as the song is just shy of 3 minutes)

summerghost (bmah)

- 42.928: a bit overstepped, 64ths aren't really audible here on my end
- 70.269: here as well
- nothing wrong, structure is sound, good PR, just a really minor detail

Wayward Vagabond

[Resubmission] Child Protective Services Theme Song [alloyus] - 6.5

[Resubmission] Day's End (Zakvvv666) - this has come a long way from when i first judged and played it. 7.5/10

Aishiteru Yo Ne (Razor) - since you cant cut the song 8

GABBA YAKUZA (RoughSketch 2011 Remix) (_.Spitfire._) - 7

Ganbare! X Chan (MrPopadopalis25) - 5

GENTLEMAN (samurai7694) - cut first 30 seconds and cut the end at 233 6.5

Gerudo Valley Dubstep Rap (yomanimawesome) - 8

Girl Directions (DarkZtar) - 7.5

Grad Erlija (iironiic) - cut song check the 24th/12ths because a lot of those
are ghost notes that go to nothing cut/fade out at 173 6.5

Guile of the Rime King (FissionMailed1) - at 151.7 drop everyone by one(hands
to jumps jumps to singles) with jumps really only going to the snare because
the volume is lower and removing pretty much all of the layering would
reflrect that. cut song at 180 6.5

Gynandromorph (bmah) - 8

He Has No Mittens (Tidus810) - huge difficulty inconsistency with the intro
and the rest of the file. either beef up the rest or strip the intro 6.5

Kage (pxtang) - id rather you combine this with another song from the album
since theyre all so short 7.5

Kirby Smashed (Xiz) - 5

Lawn Wake IX (Plopadop) - 5

Life's what you make it (StepShy) - we don't have permission for this what
the fuck are you trying to pull [!]

Lost (megamon88) - 8

Malevolent Mansion (Xx{Midnight}xX vs. T-Force) - the bursts need fixing
especially in the end 7

Missing You (Gammer Remix) (_.Spitfire._) - fade into when she actually
starts singing because the intro is waay to long considering the entire
length of the file 7

My Fxxkin Desire For You (Xx{Midnight}xX) - ending sync is goofed for
whatever reason and the ending js doesnt have many 16th 6

My So-Called Life (mi40) - start the file at 13.5 cut everything else before
it. cut song at 212.5 there isnt a need for the rest 7

Nanairopanda (32-bitto Furukura MIX) [Scintill] - check over the file for
ghost notes(i dont mean the sweeps) and hand/jump usage 7.5

Neko Miko Reimu (Zakvvv666 & Xx{Midnight}xX) - extra notes during the entire 16th section mainly when the cymbal crashes. recheck the entire thing and remove notes accordingly. actually check the entire file for extra notes because i found some spread out throughout the entire file. the 32nd burst you have at 32 only lasts hour notes and ends at the 4th. it doesnt and shouldnt continue past it. 48.95 what you're layering in is barely audible remove the jumps same where it repeats. 6.5

Nintendon't (qqwref) - missing the last note for don't 8

Nuke Blast (samurai7694) - nothing happens for the majority of the file. 6.5

Our Final Mourning [Standard] (XelNya) - check the entire file for correct accent usage. there are many places where accents arent needed or arent in the right place 6.5

Over the Bridge [Scintill] - recheck the sync on the guitar. check for sections that are obviously not close enough to be 16ths. also suggest cutting the song right before the piano section of the song. 7/10

Party 4U Future GLOSS mix (DossarLX ODI) - no 5

Power, Wisdom, Courage (FFR Pro 21) - 6 fix the sync

Prove Them Wrong (Razor) - vary up the patterns more because you over use 1234321 7

Raccoon Flicka (Charu) - this file needs some work. add more to the section that is just 32nd trills and the easy section after it could use some layering to make it feel not so empty. it doesnt have to be full on layering so you can still keep that climax thing going but it definitely needs more there. 6

Rain (Amathyst MSM Gate Mortgage Remix) (DossarLX ODI) - mirror the second set of 12321 so it ends up being 23432. also the section repeating sections of 1423 and 3241 make them left and right rolls to vary it up more. 7

Rainbow Destructor (Arkuski) - cut the song. remove the 64ths. 5

Remilia2080 (SC_coolguy44) - no 0

Ridorii (Elite Ninja) - 42.79-45.26 makes no sense what you're following. cut after the 12th section. everything after it just repeats over and over until the song ends. 6.5

Rising Blue Lightning (hi19hi19) - cut the song 6.5

-Slapstick- (MarioNintendo) - 8

Stark Raving Mad (Elite Ninja & kjwkjw) - 8

summerghost (bmah) - 8

Last edited by bmah; 07-2-2013 at 10:33 PM..