Old 03-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #2814
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to FrozenAngel91
Default Re: hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Have you tried playing slower JS files on FFR and working your way up? I'd start with some Southern Cross JS, then do some Makiba and Defection JS (they are both different styles of JS, so I'd recommend both for practice), and maybe some EHHS JS. I personally find EHHS JS to be more difficult than Emerald Sword's JS, so after your confident in your ability to at least read EHHS JS, Emerald Sword should be a breeze.
EHHS JS is really really awkward, and Emerald Sword isn't. I can read and play Emerald sword fine but I can barely get below 300 goods on EHHS. I do agree with this idea though, it's what I've been doing.

Personally I'm using Etude on a Nimbus as a warmup to Makiba and Treasure Planet. The song I'm using the most though is actually Emerald Sword heavy, since it's the same speed but way less dense, it's much easier to get used to reading at that speed before I start killing myself on the oni version.

Also if you can tofu, I would get Icy's Nuclear blast JS packs 3 and 4, and practice on -273.15, Still Blastin', tropical april, and shinsekai. They're all about the same speed (minus -273.15 and shinsekai, but -273.15 is stamina training and shinsekai is awkward pattern training), so they're very good practice for emerald sword.

If you can't get those packs I would play on Team fur's engine, they have still blastin and tropical april on there I think (along with some of icy's other impossible stuff)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarian
get a sand hack and don't chicken scratch it and if someone does something stupid hack burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannytwobyfore
I wouldn't blame them, playing jump dense Konami files in DDR would make anyone's dick hard, maybe that's why the only thing anyone does anymore is stream.