View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 07:01 PM   #10
User6773

Default RE: TWG VIII Postgame

Attention idiot humans:

SOMETHING IS VERY FISHY WHEN ALL THE VOTES TURN AGAINST A POWER PLAYER WITH 6 HOURS REMAINING BEFORE THE END OF THE DAY.

Though I shouldn't be talking, because I had none of the wolves right... : (

On to LD. Everyone read carefully, as this involves the game as a whole.

TWG has always been a game about using your brain to find out who the wolves are, sifting through innumerable lies to dig up the truth. It is a game about knowing who to trust (if anyone), and separating suspicion from truth.

The only piece of irrefutable evidence a player possesses about their role is their PM that tells them their role. Obviously, if irrefutable evidence is brought to the table, it completely destroys the spirit of the game. What was one a game of suspicions and lies becomes a game of who can manufacture the best fake evidence. It no longer becomes a Werewolf Game, it becomes a Photoshop contest. Thus, obviously we can't have bringing PMs to the table.

But, as we've learned and experienced, some people don't want to play the game the way that it was meant to be played - some people are more concerned with a quick and easy win by proving their identity than playing the game. Some people consider the manipulation of the game rules and the finding of loopholes to be a more noble pursuit than the game itself. This ruins the game for everyone else, as not only do some people possess knowledge others don't, but it prevents all the legit players from being able to prove themselves human by normal means. If PM proof is being offered, and humans are getting away with it, why would humans settle for anything less?

Thus, we had to say that not only was sharing your PM illegal, discussing the contents of your PM was illegal. Bringing PMs into the game ruins the game. TWG is not a game about proof, it is a game about reasonable doubt and incriminating statements. The only "proof" that exists in the game are messages to the seer and psychic, which are also forbidden from duplication (though playing the game in a digital environment also makes that difficult.) Discussion of your PM is forbidden, discussion of the contents of your PM is forbidden, asking other players about the contents of their PMs is forbidden.

So, LD, you present the interesting paradox that fake PMs are allright, but real PMs are not. If it appears to the general public that you as a wolf are presenting them with a legitimate PM, then what is the difference between that and you as a human are presenting them with your actual PM? Both have the same intended purpose: to prove to the humans beyond any doubt that you are one of them, at the expense of the fun of the game. But you want us to discriminate on your behalf. What were we supposed to say? "We know LD shared his PM, but it was a fake one, so it's okay?" The rules are simple: YOU KEEP PMs OUT OF IT, PERIOD. Real or fake. Every player should know and understand this by now. PMs HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GAME, and when you bring them in, you sodomize the game. You encourage other players to accept only PM proof as evidence of humanity. You show your intellectual inferiority by insinutating that you cannot win without resorting to pretending to be a cheating human. You cast your vote that it should be a Photoshop contest instead of a contest of real wits.

In six games you've played this was your first chance at being a wolf, and instead of using everything you had learned as five humans to pass yourself off as one, you decided to "prove yourself human" through fake cheating. You wanted the humans to treat you like you were sharing a real PM, LD. So Squeek decided to treat you like you were sharing a real one too, and you got indignant about it. I, for one, think you got exactly what you deserved.

You know better than this. 2-game ban.

Anyway, I'm putting in my bid to run TWG IX with the "infiltration" rules...but if I do it won't start until Friday. In fact, I don't even think I'm going to call it TWG IX. But since I won't run it concurrently with a TWG, I guess a vote for me would be delaying TWG IX in favor of playing Infiltration for a game.