View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #23
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Halo: Master Chief Collection [PC]

Pretty late to the news here, but apparently an AMA was done with the community director from 343 about Halo MCC and all that jazz.

Paraphrasing heavily here, but they stated that they're going to try their best to incorporate numerous aspect ratios, an FoV slider, support 144Hz monitors, ect. Which is neat to read about I suppose. What the dude also stated though was no release date has been made and it's firmly going to be "it's done when it's ready" approach.

AKA: The Black Mesa approach (which, on a tangent, is STILL in development [but apparently they have a Q2 release scheduled finally for this year, holy shit]).

...No information regarding what these "flights" (Beta Testing) he stated stated either (which he brought up briefly during the Halo 3 tournament just this past Sunday). Only that they exist and the release date could be sooner or later depending on these "flights".

...It's nice they let the community know they plan to release it, but I question their announcement then. I think it would've been a lot better if they just kept this in the dark and then said something around E3 time. If there's nothing going all at all for Q2 or Q3 involving MCC for PC, then why even bother announcing this at the end of Q1? They just pulled a Square Enix, and that doesn't feel good.

Hopefully the "flights" are soon then. Also hopefully "flights" are not just a small target audience, but like... the entire world or something. Like the Halo 3 Beta WAY back in the day, lol.

We shall see I suppose...

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/commen...ns_during_ama/

On a plus side though, it seems 343 understands modding is a thing and has been a thing since Halo CE days (and still going by the way). So that's very good news to hear that the trilogy will be expanded much more with the power of mods!

On a not so good side though, there's actually NO WAY TO BUY EVERYTHING AT ONCE. It's strictly a game-to-game purchase with no in betweens. Unless you wait for the entire thing to come out of course, because then you'll be able to buy everything when everything's done.

So... for the people that want their Reach, CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 fix? Gotta wait until the blight (Halo 4, UGH) is released to finish off the package. Now that's kind of gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 03-20-2019 at 08:47 AM..
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote