View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 06:07 PM   #7
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Freshman Year of HS starts tommorow

This will be somewhat long-winded as it contains personal anecdotes, TL;DR at the end.

Where I went to school the classes were separated by merit, normal classes, AP classes which try to "prepare" you for college, and gifted classes. When I was young (elementary) I was put in gifted classes but eventually left because I hated homework and gifted classes give lots of homework. I regretted that decision when I hit high school as I started looking to the future.

When I was put into freshman year of high school I went through in the normal classes, but realized to better my future I should aim higher. So towards the end of freshman year I went to one of the school counselors and inquired about being moved up into AP classes next year. They were very against it because my grades freshman year were sub-par. But once I explained to them that it was because I did little homework and 0 projects but still managed to pass, and when I told them I would put in more effort in harder classes, they relented and let me do one AP course to test me. Well I passed with a good grade and was allowed to take more AP classes.

Why I mention this to you: if your school has this separation of classes and you have the drive to succeed in those classes, it will be to your benefit in every way.

First off, the kids in each type of class act totally different from each other. Normal course students tended to be rowdy, have their own cliques, and class had the chance to be boring.

AP course students were more open to each other, there were still cliques but less obvious at a glance, and classes were more often interesting and light-hearted than not. I had some really personable and charismatic teachers in these classes, as well as made most of my friends there.

Gifted classes (from my limited childhood experience) invoke mixed feelings from me. The work load is harsh. The teachers tend to lean more on the serious side. Students had the chance to be enigmatic, jaded, or kept to themselves, oddly enough, I was friends with everyone in those classes (albeit there were small amounts of students). The course work was incredibly stimulating even in elementary school, and we often were taken on academic field trips that lasted days to various parts in the state, which was fun as FUCK. Some of my favorite childhood memories.

To sum this up; normal classes were not very hospitable and I had a tough time even talking to people in there. AP classes were kind of an in-between, I didn't feel comfortable approaching certain groups but I made all my long-time friends in those classes, people were more reasonable. Gifted classes require certain kinds of people with a certain kind of grindset.

TL;DR:
If you can manage to get into AP classes and thrive, I'd say you'll be more likely to make friends, your school merits will be higher and school life will be harder academically but easier socially. You'd also meet cooler teachers!
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 08-21-2022 at 06:07 PM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote