View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 10:51 PM   #20
moches
FFR Player

Default Re: Stepping Stones of Stepmania released!

A Broken Heart Can Mend - really chill file, great for practicing hands and 24th bursts. pretty fun

Across The Nightmare - fun! once it got to all of the solos it got pretty interesting.

Adept - really sexy, even if it takes a while to get going. maybe a little hard for beginners (side-eyeing the 24th trill and the 32nds)

Always Yours - see above. super fun - this is basically Chiptune Superstar's cuter little cousin - but gets a little intense near the end

Blah Blah Blah - just show me where your dick is aaaaaattttt (ps I actually prefer the easier chart a little)

Clumsy Thoughts - this file makes me so happy. it's just so cute

Daybreak - beautiful. i teared. Fission makes fantastic piano files

Faint - YES. ALL OF IT. it's more geared towards intermediate players in my view, but still fun as fuck.

Favorite Daughter - short and sweet. not a particularly technical file, but the flow throughout feels okay. jacks at the end are a nice attempt at climax theory, but perhaps inappropriate in the context of a beginners' file - or maybe completely appropriate since they'll give people motivation to play through again!

Feel The Flow - holy fuck Kaneh this is really fun - the minijacks going to the drums in particular made me bounce up and down in my seat. gets a little hard near the end

Flower Flag - not as fun as Feel The Flow but still solid. nice layering choices, nice rhythms
moches is offline   Reply With Quote