View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 09:53 PM   #640
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

I'll try to get to it soon

Day 437: Need To Feel Your Love by Sheer Mag (Album Choice: marsbars)

I tried to listen to the 2017 release from MACHINE GIRL that I'm too lazy to spell the title out to, but a few tracks after a banging first track and I just got half-bored, half-annoyed, all-I-don't-want-to-finish-this. So let's try this instead. I'm still checking out 2017 albums? No, not really but eh, whatever.

...Who the fuck is this guy... lady... okay yeah I checked it's a woman. Anyways, who the fuck is this lady tryna sound like? Joan Jett? Ozzy? Because it's not nearly as listenable as either, and the riffs here don't make up for the fact so far. This just sounds like a mix between bland indie pop and shitty twangy truckdrivin music from too many decades ago. Every time something seems like it has potential, I'm immediately disappointed. Oh, what's this pretty jangling progression entitled? Expect The Bayonet oh okay highli- ah wait nevermind, this is just more generic cowpower pop. Cow pop. Cower pop. Power cow.

Holy fuck, why did they make this thing 43 minutes? It's not like there's significant variation or anything of the sort to be found here. Okay, I'm one-quarter of the way through. I already bitched out of one album, let's not make it two... Oh but this one is so much worse so far. Oh well, I ain't gonna be a little bitch again.

I can just sense that these guys are trying to go for mild variation like, well, most every other band, but it's hard to tell. Is Until You Find The One supposed to be a soft song? Why the hell is she screaming then? I'm starting to contemplate whether or not this is meant to be enjoyed "ironically" (like, it sounds so fucking outdated) but I can still enjoy other "ironic" genres like vaporwave.

The guitar tones remind me of Radio City, but the songwriting is so unremarkable and the performance is so grating that I think I'd rather listen to Like Flies On Sherbert. Or that MACHINE GIRL album I quit. The 2017 list remains untouched.

Best Track: The first few seconds of Expect The Bayonet
Rating: 2.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote