View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #762
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Day 492: The World Within by Josh Pan (Album Choice: dashoe93)

Why does every fucking 2018 list have new Low and Arctic Monkeys albums on them? Are these bands really dropping shit that's good enough to justify their ranking on these lists, both in comparison to all the fresh artists and in comparison to their past work? I don't dare to find out.

Anyways, to this EP! This guy is part of 88rising, which I've never listened to but I know too many fuckin Asian chicks love. The first song sounds awfully AnCo-esque but a bit less cluttered. Actually, that basically describes the whole EP, with a bit more influence from modern EDM like Flume or something, and some old school house (The beat of Take Your Time sounds an awful lot like it was sampled from Short Circuit) and future funk like Skylar Spence.

Perfectly pleasant with no bad or grating tracks, but not phenomenal. Also some of these lyrics are dumb.

Best Track: Overdue
Rating: 6/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote