View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #12
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Can someone write a script for easier single to solo conversion?

idk when I convert my 4key charts into 6key (I've done A LOT of them), I usually end up layering somewhat differently because of the column limitations of 4key causing me to selectively layer and omit/ignore sounds in a song.

The 4key chart acts as my framework, but I end up layering in more chords, notes, and so on with the extra 2 columns in 6key just 'cause I have the space to. I find that a lot of my 4key files end up being a lot more fun on 6key tbh, but then again, I always chart relative to my skill level in 6key. You'll basically never see me make a dense chordstream chart simply because I suck at chordstream and because of that, 98% of my 6key charts are chordsmash because I'm at least decent at that.

You don't necessarily have to chart according to your skill level, however it does give you good incentives for "friendly" patterning and layering choices, because then you can at least play and score well on your own file.

Kind of on the same note, when I was putting together the Solo Japan / Solo Rulz packs, I always sent all the hardest files that I personally couldn't score A or higher to people like ca25nada, LongGone, and Hazelnut to play test so they could give me constructive input on just how "hard" they are, since they had the necessary 6key mechanical skill. When I played the hardest stuff by myself, all the files were equally difficult and all meshed together into "mash to pass" territory where I have absolutely no fucking idea just how hard they are relative to each other, lol. In short, having the mechanical skill greatly helps your judgment on just how awkward and difficult something is.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 03-20-2018 at 05:03 PM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote