View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #2122
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninty64 View Post
It would be nice to have multiple scoreboards for different rates, but I would rather not mix apples and oranges.
Multiple scoreboards are not possible, FFR is already heading for an inevitable cliff for running out of space as it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
I've said this in the R^3 thread, but I will say this here as well. Monotony and boredom should not be factors considered to be skillful, or necessary to keep around FFR. Just because you had to go through hell and back to AAA countless songs severely below your skill level, doesn't mean that we should impose this on newer players of this game, or on those who are interested in tackling their average ranks. I personally am one of the few who actually did bother to go through all of that tedium, and needless to say, it didn't feel like I really accomplished anything special (or really had much fun along the way).

Giving people the chance to challenge themselves, or to make playing through FFR in it's entirety more entertaining, seems like a very positive thing to add to the game. As it stands now, adding rates (as others have said) seems like it would severely boost replayability of the entire FFR song roster. It would also highly motivate people to try and play all of those files that seemed dull, or far below their skill level, since they could attack longer/easier files at speeds which would be far more entertaining to the player.
I 100% agree with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
It sucks, but I think that 10 year old charts that are far below the standard of acceptable quality now really should be re-colored (or discarded altogether).
Ditch them, toss them overboard.
FFR is a boat taking on water, we need all the space we can get, and does anyone seriously want the legacy files anyways?

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote