Old 09-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #128
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: Amateur Tier Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post
Is this for people who can't get any normal Tier points or like that? and ranking won't work on ATP system of course, just for point status.
I'd say its more like for people who aren't actually -in- a tier currently. I fully expect T0 of the ATP to be people with plenty of Tier Points if we actually listed it ever.

That said, I'm actually perfectly okay with it just being a visible number to gauge progress. It's more valuable as a motivator for users, and a means of more accurately gauging skill for tournaments than it is as a constantly updated highscore list like Tier Points are.

Quote:
If you really want to run this point system, you need to set the point reqs and make a calculation system somehow. In Tier system FC is the minimum req for points, but seems it's a bit too strict for ATP.
I've actually maintained FCs as the minimum result to get tier points, and I've done this because if we're to consider the ATP to be "Like Tier Points but for easier songs" then to me the -type- of standards need to be relatively close.

It wasn't necessarily my intention that absolutely everyone who can get tier points is just automatically in possession of every single possible amateur tier point.

The difficulty for amateurs to get ATPs -should- be as close to the same as the difficulty for experts to get TPs. I mean, feel free to disagree and I'm happy to hear the argument for lower requirements on ATPs
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote