View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #35
moches
FFR Player

Default Re: Mystery Pack 3 Released

Ant IDM - Shoot, this gets intense. Very fun file, love the dynamic shifts and the tempo keeps this interesting throughout both the easy and hard parts. Maybe a tad overstepped, but that comes with the territory. Good job, Rog.

Bat Country - Flows quite well and I enjoyed your usage of mines. Felt that the freezes could have been used more sparingly, maybe? This screams Sargon but I wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong with this.

Bubsy The Bobcat - I know that roll is technically accurate, but it still sticks out like a big ugly green splotch of notes. Neat file otherwise; I really enjoyed your accentuations on the background melodies. I really don't know who this could be (who steps like this anymore?), so I'll just random a guess and go with Ferrari.

Crystal Sample - Very cute file that might be a touch overstepped. Parts of this feel pretty old-school. I think this is similar to Kommisar's style so going with him.

Heart Beat Rock - Flawless file except for the fact there was swing you could have stepped :< You can't hide behind this song choice, Gundam-Dude.

Limbo - I saw the graphics for this and I immediately knew this was stepped by Scylaax. The file only confirmed my suspicion. This plays pretty cleanly, with trademark drum'n'bass Scylaax patterns and some really sick freeze sections. Not much to say.

Manima Ni - This would have been a very crisp scoring file if it weren't so weighted with freezes. I do think they are used well in some parts of this chart (the vocal harmonies are emphasized effectively) other parts could have done without them. I guess this is leonid since he already has a recorded confessional...unless he's lying. But you wouldn't lie to me, right?

...Right?

The Nth Degree - Marathon + Stephen Kay = jimerax and Don. Sorry, I'm pressed for time, so I might have to skip this for now.

Pink Nightmare - Terrifying song, kickass file. A few minor layering choices and patterns early on that I disagreed with, but the longer it went on, the more I got into it. Style fits Wineandbread perfectly, has to be him.

Suffocating Sight - Roar file to the core. Tons of rage-inducing patterns, Trivium song, those streams...

The New Sound - Patashu would totally dump this song like this, in my opinion. This is basically pure undistilled scoring file: like a more hipster version of Kil's Flower Awaken. Fun while it lasts, though...and if you have the wrist power to combo all of it.

Witch of The Bottomless Swamp - MORE SCYLAAX GRAPHICS AHOY! Incredibly fun file, I think one of my favorites from this pack. File is patterned impeccably, rhythms are varied and bombastic, just tons of stuff here. Feels like Ophi to me, but I know at least one of these files is a trick question. But I'm going with Ophi.

Witch's Tower - Simple but pretty fun, wonky song though. Straightforward jack theory and jump usage. Feels like Roar

Neat pack duders, glad to see more conspiracies afoot.

Top files
Witch of The Bottomless Swamp
Ant IDM
Pink Nightmare
Heart Beat Rock
Crystal Sample

Last edited by moches; 05-12-2012 at 05:29 AM..
moches is offline   Reply With Quote