View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 06:58 AM   #1566
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2022 albums +1000th album halp

Day 1062: Objects Without Pain by Great Falls

And here we have another album where I can clearly tell that it is absolutely a triumph for the artist in terms of nailing the exact sound they wanted to make, while also not "clicking" with whatever they're going for from a personal, subjective standpoint at all. There's so many elements in here that should be exactly what I love - aggressive noise rock that doesn't let its (very obvious) artsy side overtake the whole "rock" part of it (or the noise part), sludgy guitars that fill your whole skull up with their tone, structural experimentation that comes off as refreshing and innovative while remaining unpretentious to the core, et cetera et cetera.

This really is just a weird one to score, and as a result I feel as if it's almost folly to say much more. This album isn't for me, but it's definitely well-done enough that I'm positive that someone who is a bit more in love with this band's specific style/genre mishmash/tone/atmosphere/whatever would be able to praise this much more

Best Track: poop on my butt
Rating: 6/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote