Old 05-14-2017, 05:26 AM   #342
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: The Etterna Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakesoda View Post
more stuff
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point

Let me break this down clearly for you. This whole "hahaha sm5 is fucking shiet" thing isn't some "new development", it's been going on ever since sm5 existed. When the sm5 beta first began in 2008/9/10, whatever it was, keyboard players came to the repo to suggest things they wanted to see implemented into the game. Can we have x feature, y feature, the few things we thought were missing from 3.95 that would have the greatest positive impact on our gameplay experience. Waveform and filter support in the in-game editor. Better screenshot management capabilities or replays. A functional song search.

"Song search? Who needs song search when you have 25 different sort orders? Besides, how can anyone on an arcade cab use text based song search feature? What are they going to enter every letter by hitting arrow keys? Are they going to search strings of directional arrow inputs? LOL! Fucking dumbass ignorant keyboard players."

This was the kind of response we'd get from kyz. If it wasn't that, we were ignored. At best the things we wanted took ages to get implemented with no visible feedback, and when finally complete, they were either already obsolete or unwieldy to the point of uselessness. After a couple of years of this bullshit pretty soon the only feedback the kb community was giving sm5 was "hey can you make the game run as smooth as 3.95 because it really feels like shit in comparison and since you give us literally no features we care about there's no reason to use sm5".

"You dumbfuck ignorant kb players have no idea what you're talking about. You aren't even on the stepmania core development team. Stepmania is coded to absolute perfection. It's impossible to make it any better or faster and in fact it is objectively better and faster than 3.95 in every way you're just stupid and ignorant. Why do you need more than 60 fps anyway? Arcade cabinets don't need it why do you? You're not even developers just shut up and accept what we give you."

Again this was/is the typical response from your development team. The majority of the competitive kb scene just said fuck it. 3.95 it is. If an up and coming player had started on sm5? We literally felt sorry for them. It was literally a shame they started on the newer version of the game. I want you to stop and take a moment to just fucking process that.

Now of course you know what? People were beyond it. We didn't give any suggestions to the sm5 dev team. We didn't give any complaints. We just spent years playing on 3.95 minding our own goddamn business until lo, behold. Kyz decides it's time to come to our community. Make an inquiry, a legitimate one, to be fair, into why people in the keyboard community still use 3.95. When people voice the same concerns they have over the years he gives the same responses.

"You ignorant keyboard players. We can't make features that are keyboard only because how would pad use them? The game is literally coded to the best it can possibly be. In fact NASA should be using stepmania to do fluid dynamic simulations. The things you want don't matter you're all retarded for not using sm5 the game runs better than 3.95 fuck you all you're all shit you aren't developers or coders therefore I know better please play my game my life has no meaning if you don't."

So no. This isn't a fucking "new" thing. Your development team spent years dismissing/insulting the keyboard playing community and eroding any confidence or trust we had in you while simultaneously making the game completely fucking unplayable for us. And you don't get to pull the "that's kyz not me" bullshit. He was an official member of the core development team for years. He was a member of the core development team when he came to our community and fucking berated us for not using sm5 when nobody even cared about it anymore. And then you came in the aftermath and treated it like we were just some uppity W H I N Y B O Y S in some random little community that didn't fucking matter.

Yeah. Fuck you. That exact dismissive condescension is why you have no currency left with us. By allowing him to retain any "official" status you've made yourself complicit in everything he's said or done.

And you know what, it's one thing if you're right. It's one thing if indeed we were all just fucking morons and nothing we wanted was actually feasible and the game really was just coded to perfection and nothing could have been done about it, but it wasn't. Everything Kyz said was either born of complete and total ignorance or a fucking bald faced lie.

I had literally 0 minutes of any compiled language experience before I decided to download the repo, performance profile it and see how far I could get making adjustments. Within 20 hours I had more than tripled framerate. All this fuck-assery about the game being hyper-optimal was total fucking garbage. In fact my total hours spent on development in the last year probably doesn't even exceed 400 hours. So you don't get to use that "hahahah xDDDD IM SOOOO BUSY work!!! LOLOLOL I HAVE A LIFE LOSER EXCUSE ME IF I DONT SPEND MORE TIME DOING DEVELOPMENT WORK THAN GOING ON FORUMS AND DEFENDING THE GAME I DONT WORK ON LOL HAHAHA xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" excuse either.

You spent the last 10 years making this bed. You let Kyz piss, shit, and cum on your not-even-nsfw body pillows the whole time. I don't care if he doesn't have commit access anymore. He's still listed as a stepmania dev team member on reddit. Kyz still tries to accuse of me of "stealing" code he wrote that is freely available on an open source project. He does go around to take every opportunity to shit on Etterna, and because he's still tagged as a dev, his words are your words. You ignored, insulted, looked down on and lashed out at us, sometimes simultaneously. And then it turned out you were all fucking full of shit.

So maybe now you can see where we, or at least I, am coming from. You don't get to come in here with this entirely unjustified holier-than-thou attitude and claim you're being treated unfairly. You don't get to whine about being "bagged on" by some "random little community in a corner pocket of the internet". No you're getting exactly what you deserve. And the funny thing? People don't call sm5 vanilla garbage in the context of kb play because we're buttmad about all the shit you gave us for the last 10 years.

People call it garbage, because compared to Etterna, it is.

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 05-14-2017 at 05:30 AM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote