View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 03:57 PM   #1060
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2020 albums halp

Day 708: The Slow Rush by Tame Impala

Happy national STD testing day, these guys (or is it just this guy?) decided to release on this day after a near 5 year hiatus. I... honestly had forgotten all about them, and that's weird considering I still think Lonerism is a good pop psych album and that some of the vaporwave-y songs on that vaporwave-y album slap. I say all that but I haven't listened to their music in, like, maybe nearly 3 years? Except a song here or there VERY intermittently. Anyways, on we go.

I... don't have much to say about this one. Somehow, it seems like he was trying to be really ambitious, but instead it just ends up being boring. It's not horrible or anything, most of these songs are passable, a few are good, and a few are cheesy, but that's just it. Nothing stands out hard enough, yet it really does feel like a lot of effort was put into it. Or maybe I'm just saying that because this is 2-3 years minutes too late and 20-30 minutes too long.

I'll never forget that night at Boston Calling though... Though Beck was the better performance.

Best Track: It Might Be Time
Rating: 4.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote