View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #98
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph
Default Re: Youtube to buy Twitch for $1 billion

Also, one of the reasons I believe this and the threat to Net Neutrality go hand in hand is because Google is also a provider in the sense that they have Google Fiber technology under their belt. The ground rules for freedom need to be spelled out for your 60+ year old congress men and constituents who have no idea how the Internet actually works; and they are only going to go in the direction of the money coming from companies like Comcast and Verizon (Who also has FiOS, by the way).

Basically just plug in your location at this website here:
http://www.contactingthecongress.org/
And send them an e-mail (Be courteous, there are a lot of examples out there).

And also call the FCC while you're at it (borrowed from Reddit):
Quote:
1. Dial 888-225-5322
2. push 1, 4, 0 (Edit: These options may have changed)
3. a person will answer.
4. they will ask for your name and address. you can just give them a zip code if you want.
5. "I'm calling to ask the FCC to reclassify Internet Service Providers as Title Two Common Carriers."
6. They'll ask if there is anything else you would like to add.
7. "No, Thank you for your time."
8. hang up.
It's especially important for American Citizens that post here to do the same as well, and I certainly hope the Non-Americans urge their friends who do live in America to do the same, because this seriously sets up some pretty scary precedents for the rest of the WWW. Myself, other folks at work, and the other online communities I go to are doing the same.

PM me if you find the secret.

Last edited by DigitalS3r4ph; 05-19-2014 at 08:30 PM..
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote