Old 08-22-2015, 10:08 PM   #191
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: What's happening in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpet63 View Post
First, I thought the main purpose of the batch was to make sure the songs on the site are good enough for people to play. My understanding is, a group of people who are considered experts must play and listen to a song several times and then provide a review of how good it is, and whether it should be on the site. If enough of the members of the team consider it good enough, then it goes on the site.
That falls under looking over the files for issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpet63 View Post
Second, we can track file submission, do bookkeeping, and monitor permissions without having this whole in-depth analysis about whether a song is good or not. Similar to osu, just let the community deal with giving songs ratings and identifying issues. The most useful thing I think we get out of the batch is a difficulty rating.
Like hi19hi19 mentioned, difficulty ratings aren't determined when judging the batch. They get determined by a difficulty consultant after a file is accepted, and the one actively doing that is OWA.

Submission tracking doesn't have anything to do with the content of the files themselves, so I don't see what the point is here. I never said the actual content of the files was related to monitoring permissions or bookkeeping. The judgment process is what determines what gets put into the queue of files to release, and conditional queue is used for fixing files that have potential to be ingame.