View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 08:03 PM   #64
FFR TCG
Obliterate
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The FFR Trading Card Game (C9)

I have a piece of very important and exciting news regarding the FFR Trading Card Game. This particular update is the first step in elevating the TCG into something more than just a hobby for collectors. It brings me great pleasure to announce the new system for token cards. Previously, there was a could of mystery surrounding token cards. TCG Staff weren't sure what the best approach for token cards were, but we knew that it would need to be something special. Tonight, I present to you, that something special.

This Saturday, March 14, marks the beginning of the 10th week for the Trading Card Game, and I speak on behalf of everyone involved when I say that the amount of support and participation is overwhelming.. in a good way.
It is because of your overwhelming support that the FFR Events Staff have agreed to officially back the FFR Trading Card Game.

Starting this Saturday, there will be a new challenge cycle, where not one, but two challenges will be issued per week. The first challenge will be for public song packs, which are your standard Tier 1 through 3 packs. This challenge will stay active for one week, per usual. On each Wednesday there will be another, completely separate challenge that will test your arrow smashing ability in a way that requires an elevated amount of effort, similar to the token challenges thus far. This challenge will also stay active for a week (ending the proceeding Wednesday).

For completing a token challenge, you will be awarded a special Token Pack. Inside, you will find three token cards of tier 5 or lower. These cards cannot be sold nor traded, apart from intra-tier trading. This means that token cards do not have a value assigned to them. Two token cards of the same tier may be traded up to the house, or fused, and you will be awarded a non-random, predetermined card from the next highest tier that has been assigned specifically to the two cards you traded in. This "fusion table" of sorts will be kept a mystery, but there will be a public fusion table kept on the master sheet that will be updated every time a player makes a fusion. Keep in mind that a fusion result is not a one-to-one correspondence with the fusion materials, i.e. 3 + 9 = 12, and 5 + 7 = 12.

If you manage to fuse all the way up to a Tier 10 token card, you may trade in that card for an Event, Support, or Tournament Fundraiser Token of your choosing as well as 50,000 credits. If you have all of these tokens, you may trade in your Tier 10 token card for a 200,000 credit reward.

***It's also worth mentioning, that any Tier 10 card fused with another Tier 10 card can result in only one possible outcome: The illustrious Vertex BETA vROFL card.***

This fusion system will be implemented immediately, and all who have completed the token requirement from challenge 9 will be awarded a token pack shortly. Your token cards will be located in a separate column in your card binder.
FFR TCG is offline   Reply With Quote