View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 12:57 AM   #87
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart View Post
I stayed away from the thread for a bit cuz I was kinda scared for... whatever reason. Either way here we are. This was the first TWG game I've actually played ALL THE WAY THROUGH and here are my thoughts.

I'm kinda pissed I kept forgetting the 24 hour shift. Whole time I was in the routine that day phases were 48 hours and I was like "I need a break from this; I'm gonna take today off and then come the next day" cuz I was a lil stressed.

I even got reminded that "hey idiot the phases are different now" but I still fucking forgot somehow. I hate it even more because when I came back my vote would've been on Zenith, too.

The biggest thing I can take away from this is that I need to improve reading comprehension a metric fuck ton before I try this game again. All I could read was tone; I couldn't identify any contradictions, nor any weird things about how people were acting other than what people were already talking about. I thought I was doing pretty well near the end with the whole trying figuring out the last vanilla, but I think I still got it just a bit off in the end there.

On another note, I did keep my promise.

I only slipped once to my knowledge the whole game so that's... an accomplishment to me.
Reading and coming to promising conclusions is honestly a very difficult task.
It's technically a game based on assumptions so, you're unlikely to magically solve the entire game from simply reading the thread.
You may have to ask questions and figure out what helps you either town read as many players as possible or tackle suspicious player activity if you think someone made a mistake that doesn't make sense as town.
If others see you play and acknowledge you as town, it also makes things easier for others in terms of solving.

Basically, you can either help others solve you, solve towns or try to find a wolf. If you do all 3 at same time, you're pmuch guaranteed to be in a good spot.
If their game progression makes sense and the stance seems genuinely aimed toward finding a wolf (and they actually find one) then the odds are fairly high that you found a townie.

Well, it will rarely be 100% accurate, but the goal is to make that % as high as possible.
If you're wolfing, you can pretty much play your town game and spice things up into misleading town to mislynch others. Often, you don't even need to do anything besides finding PRs and making sure they don't live too long.