Old 02-17-2015, 12:50 AM   #49
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Skill Rating & Leaderboards Discussion [Updated Feb 16]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest15937 View Post
Yeah, I was about to bring this up...I don't really see how a 30g score is at the 0% mark when you need serious skill to get a 30g score on very difficult songs.
This design choice was due to the lack of reliable data. The polynomial represented in the OP was carefully crafted using a wealth of community knowledge of how scores are relative to eachother linearly across all difficulties. That abundance of information becomes unpredictable when entering 30-40+ good-count territory (and is partially influence by educative mashing and pattern cheating). In order to modify the formula to adapt to this model, we would have to first collect data of impressive high good-count scores, and compare that data to the player's immediate actual skill. With the skill rating system, we will have the capacity to do something like this. With a concerted effort, we could foreseeable accurately weigh scores above 27g, but their impact would likely be negligible to the influence of SDG and teens scores.

Simply ignoring all songs with a good count of 28 or greater is not a solution, and this is something I want to actively work towards solving.
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote