View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 12:37 AM   #34
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: Fire Emblem Three Houses

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I'm glad archers finally have a niche other than shitty budget mages that get extra cucked by armor units, that's nice to finally see
Some of the mechanics in this game seem very questionable to me tho. Like you can just dismount your cavalry to avoid bad weapon matchups AND take advantage of terrain (yeah u lose like, 2 stats) but then next turn you can remount with no penalty and take your action as normal? And Canto is back so you have mobility after striking? From my casual 2 hours of observation this was very much not an okay interaction, mounted units in general but especially mobility-boosted flyers seemed functionally immortal. just like ride in from 7 spaces away, shoot your bow that has fucking like 5 range, then still have enough in the tank to gallop the fuck back behind your tank line? wat

Granted I didn't see very far into the Rough Assfucking difficulty they just released (I did see that basically all enemy archers had poison arrow lmao) so maybe there's some shit deeper in there that balances out how absurdly mobile your army can be.

Dont get me wrong not complaining, just marveling at how crazy this game is compared to classic FE
Still gonna play the game for sure tho :P
this may not have been apparent right away but deadeye loses accuracy the further away an enemy is, I've had ashe be as low at 5% chance to hit before

the mounting/dismounting this isn't super useful for horses I've found, but that might just be me being bad
god-tier for flying units, without a doubt

you have to play well to take advantage of dismounting/mounting again, I think

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote