Old 09-9-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dossar's Foot Play goals

January 2019

January 5
First session of 2019, also at the Round 1 location in Maine! See more information in the score post.

January 23
First session at DnB this year, with ITGAlex coming along. I got my first Doubles 16 FC and 980k break this day (PSMO Doubles 16). It's also worth noting ITGAlex got 37 perfects 1 miss on NGO CSP 18.

January 28
This week I'm trying out playing every day, but not necessarily the most intense sessions. I still played a few DDR 18s and ITG 13s, but not to the extent of some of my other hard sessions.

One of the rubber supports on my SMX pad got loose, so I also had to readjust that after 50 minutes of playing. I'm hoping I don't have to adjust this every session as it stops the session short and also is exhausting to flip over the pad and having to use the vise grip, taking about 15 minutes to adjust and losing my warmed state.

January 29-30
Combining both days into one post. Some focused hour sessions again, and on Thursday I woke up to a nasty charley horse at 3 AM. Took a break Thursday to rest for my first 19 pass attempts on Friday.

February 2019

February 1
This is the session where I passed my first two 19s. It's also worth noting that a co-worker played his first DDR set this day as well, as I introduced him to DDR A.

See this score post. Over The Period CSP 19 was my first 19, and then my second 19 was Valkyrie Dimension CSP 19.

February 6
Had a Dave N' Busters session. Only a few scores this time around, so it doesn't have its own post. Summary:
- A few upscores and another doubles 15 FC
- 5th doubles 18 pass
- DADADADADADADADADADA CSP 16 AAA

Scores in the below spoiler to prevent page stretching.

February 9
Second trip to Maine R1 location of the year. I noticed the left and up arrows were much less sensitive than the pads in Taunton, MA so I was noticeably getting more misses on harder charts. I got my second 17 AAA this day and a few more videos. You can see the score post here.

February 22
Session before the Silver City Summit. I got a larger monitor that makes playing less strenuous.

February 23
I got top 16 in the Silver City Summit! You can view the bracket/results here: https://challonge.com/scsddr

Definitely the largest DDR tournament I've been to and the hype was real. I upscored Blew My Mind CSP 18 to a 950k break in my match with Dwayne (the round where I was eliminated).

Ended up stepping on a screw with my left heel though, so that's going to take some time to heal.

February 28
Left heel was feeling better at this point although still not quite recovered. I wore socks that had more padding in this session to make it more tolerable.

March 2019

March 2
Great first session for March, and it was a crossover based day! I got my first exotic ethnic 2.0x rate pass and upscored a couple other charts that I previously had below 80% passes on. See this post for more details.

March 8th
Home ITG session where I got an FC on Silence 1.2 rate. Pretty good before the Round 1 Taunton trip the next day!

March 9th
This week my team at work also started a gym routine where we have an hour session so I'll be doing a mix of walking and/or running on Mondays and Wednesdays after hours.

PFCs
First SDP, and second 16 PFC.

15s
Beautiful Dream was a huge improvement.

17s and 18s
Pursuer is my first GFC, although technically not an upscore. Dead End Groove Radar Special is my first time getting less than 10 misses so that was nice.

19s
Valkyrie Dimension was an upscore from 827k and Over The Period was an upscore from 801k. Paranoia Revolution I failed 2 notes from the last jump, where I actually saw "MARVELOUS" on the jump followed by a "FAILED" screen. I also stepped on a screw during that run which was a double whammy, but I can try it another time.

March 13th
Walking/Running after hours.

March 16th
Endorphin was a big improvement, DDR Megamix I finally broke 990k on both the ESP and CSP, and I got a pass on Paranoia Revolution CSP 19 (even though it's lower than my fail I'll take it for now ).

Next time I'll see if I can upscore Over The Period CSP 19 to 840k, or possibly 850k. I'm going to try mirror next time.

15s

16s

18s

19s

March 18th

March 20th

March 23rd
Got my first 19 850k score on with Valkyrie Dimension. Also passed OTP 19 twice but with worse scores than my best, and improved Paranoia Revolution CSP to a 829k pass (now my pass is higher than the 809k fail!)

March 25th

March 27th

March 30th
Visited a friend's house to play on his setup after not trying it for a few months. Nothing particularly inspiring.

April 2019

April 1st

April 3rd

April 6th
Turns out one of the corner wheels feel out and I had to put it back in. Afterwards I had a decent session.

April 9th
Got another decent home session. I'm hoping to only have to adjust the corner wheel that fell out every few sessions rather than every session.

April 11th
Another home session. Nothing particularly inspiring, although it was good preparation for the next Round 1 Taunton trip.

April 13th
The hardest DDR session I've had to date. Broke 860k on two 19s today and passed 19s for one set. See more in this post.

April 15th

April 19th
So this Friday my friends and I went to the game room during Anime Boston. They had one DDR A machine and I passed Over The Period CSP 19 twice today. It turns out the machine was offline so I couldn't scan my e-amuse card, meaning that I was limited to the guest mode options (e.g. no 0.25x speed increments, no changing noteskins or direction such as mirror). Looks like I can play Over The Period 1.5x speedmod comfortably now (originally played it on 1.25x).

April 20th
Still at Anime Boston this Saturday, I played a couple of DDR sets. Passed OTP again for a total of three times this Anime Boston weekend.

April 22nd

April 24th

May 2019
See this post for May 4th and May 11th sessions.

See this post for May 27th session.

June 2019
See this post for June sessions. This was the month of my first ITG 15 pass (Hold Your Colour)!

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 07-7-2019 at 01:18 PM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote