View Single Post
Old 08-9-2018, 09:10 PM   #23
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Quick rant on fitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post

@mahou, DOMS = delayed onset muscle soreness, like when you workout, then suddenly 2 days later you are sore af
I need to give this a try because my back does get a little sore after doing deadlift sessions. And yeah...it always happens on the second day.

Quote:
also if you're trying to lose weight I wouldn't even worry about getting that much protein, it would be easier to just lose most of the weight. As long as you lift often and heavy I promise you won't lose that much muscle and you will still gain strength, you'll probably still gain muscle
I will have to disagree on this.
I think for novices that are starting out weight lifting, the protein intake won't that much of a problem because you will be burning fat and gaining muscle at the same time. The novice phase is the only time that this will happen. That's why I said most supplements are kind of worthless anyway, because the average joe blow on the street is just trying to meet a basic standard of fitness. Unless you have horrible genetics, I think most people can pull off a nice physique in about 6-7 months of hard work. Around a year and a half, your body should look completely different by a landslide.

When I start to cut, I really do like to increase the protein because it will help preserve muscle that I have gained during my bulk. I think the biggest fear of most lifters is that you can potentially lose muscle during your weight loss because of a low protein intake. When your body burns fat, it will grab anything that it can...(i.e water, fat, muscle) so that it can function. In a nut shell, gaining muscle naturally is pretty fucking hard unless you're on the needle.

Quote:
(sorry i know i should probably stay in my hula hoop but i am kinda into this stuff and i just wanna help sry if its rude and feel free to ignore my opinions/advice completely)
It's not rude at all. I actually do like to see your perspective on things.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 08-9-2018 at 09:13 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote