View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 01:39 AM   #2744
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
He had a mind set to push sytho and claimed that.... After she flipped town. Odd to say and nothing was said on it. Wolf thoughts to look towny imo.
This particular comment of yours isn't actually scummy, because I can see what you're getting at. But you misunderstood the point of the the statement. It wasn't about Syhto so much as it was about the conversation around her.

Quote:
I still find it weird how little engagement there was on the topic—even if people were town-reading, I feel like there should have been more to it.
It felt like people brushed Syhto aside too easily--even if people were town-reading her, the case made seemed to be largely ignored. And that behavior struck me as odd; at the time, no one could have been sure of her alignment, and even if they were, why not actively engage the topic?

Quote:
Here he agrees that looking into the pool gradiant listed and looking at who voted him was a good idea to do.
Do you even read the things you cite?

Quote:
Having said that, I could be wrong about the order, to the extent it's even relevant. Gradiant's flip guarantees the reads were made in good faith, but they were also made under duress (time and looming votes). I don't really see InD or Sun as particularly wolfy, and even Funny is more a PoE thing relative to the overall player pool. But whether or not they're right, they're at least worth considering as honest assessments.

On the other hand, there's a fair amount of OMGUS involved, as two of the three Gradiant voters were also on his list.
This is the difference between your "approach" and mine. I recognized that Gradiant's list was very OMGUS-heavy--his list and his voters were almost the same. Because he flipped town, we know he wasn't trying to trick us, but he also had no special information. His list, insofar as they voted a town player, was worth considering, but little more than that.

By contrast, you argued that we should lynch exclusively in that pool of players--a pool that conveniently excluded yourself, despite having your vote elsewhere for a long, long time. But fine. People can get carried away. I wouldn't have faulted you so much for that, if it weren't blatantly obvious that you were building toward a preordained conclusion. You wolfread basically everyone in the Gradiant list--a ridiculous suggestion--and it's clear that such reads were meant to promote your suggestion. Basically, "if they're all wolves, why not lynch in the pool."

Quote:
Here he says while its a good idea, it's not the best to look only here because a wolf isn't guaranteed. Which I guess is true...
This is an outright lie. I never said it was a good idea, nor intimated that. I suggested that considering the players in the pool was a valid and relevant exercise. That should be clear from the quotes.

Quote:
Says xiz is townier than last game, even though he was on his wolf list earlier. Not much happened between while reading the ISO, that's not a good look here to me.
I wolfed with Xiz in FE. Regardless of his flip, I'm comfortable in saying that he made meaningful adjustments to his game. Did he still sound like Xiz? Of course; I'd argue most players are somewhat recognizable in how they post. Maybe not enough to guess their identities anonymously (think back to Danganronpa), but enough that they sound like themselves. Xiz was much more "Chaos Xiz" in FE than he was in this game. Look at the last couple days of FE--he was heavily invested in his jokes. By contrast, while there was some of that here, he was much more game-leaning this time around. I thought that represented a significant enough behavioral change that it indicated a town Xiz. I was wrong, and I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Quote:
He also calls me out on my celery vote that I said I'll be changing, which is meh.
Yes, because

(1) it conflicted with your grand plan
(2) you left it in place forever
(3) you said you would change it because you were outright pressured on the inconsistency, then waited
(4) the whole plan felt opportunistic, and not even committing to it by vote immediately was even moreso. This is especially the case when your Cel vote had been effectively defanged by your stated intent to change votes. I believe what you were really doing was fishing for traction, and were afraid to commit to it beforehand.