Old 08-11-2020, 07:03 PM   #53
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftyb View Post
ok
Bloom Into You is a great manga, I strongly recommend it.
I'm not kidding, genuinely love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
depending on the artist, pop music is made by some of the most brilliant artists and producers in the world but o fucking k lmao
Sure, but the majority of it is vapid and empty, and just there to sell to some people who will consume it because it's catchy. I'd even agree that the ones that are empty like that, are still made by brilliant artists and producers, but I'd still hold them to the same level most people would hold a Keemstar Drama Alert video. Which is the point of the remark.

I really didn't think I needed to spell that out for anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioamor View Post
I am really in awe that you have taken such a hackneyed, boring stance and have assumed it in the most obnoxiously self-congratulatory way imaginable.
I'm in awe, of how much you missed the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
y'all don't gotta personally attack xel for disliking a genre of music that ain't nice
For a sarcastic one-liner it should have got the point across.

As for the personal attack thing I really wanna say - I set myself up for that recently - but it totally makes them look like they can't hold a discussion with me, and that would be worse, if you asked me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ya because he didn't totally imply that people who listen to pop music are idiots
Quote:
and walrusizer did the same with people who watched Leafy's vids
FG pretty much sumerized my direct thoughts, but because we're going there.

Hey Choof, let me tell you something. You said this to me recently, and I think the advice is more fitting for yourself at the moment.

Find a better hill to die on, a sarcastic one-liner about Pop music isn't a good one.

Quote:
the kinds of ppl who engage with content creators like leafy and keemstar and seek to emulate the kind of shit they do are more easily painted with a brush than ppl who listen to pop music imo. the breadth of the pop music spectrum is far more nuanced and interesting than any one of leafy's videos where he bullies an autistic kid and sends his droves of fans to their page so they can push the target to the verge of suicide (this actually happened)
I can't say I agree completely with you, but I could acknowledge you have a point, though I am going to ask you cite the video in specific so I can check to see if you're correct about him telling the fans to go harass people.

Quote:
i dont wanna do this guys

just be nice
I gotta give them their "L" first.

Quote:
just rubs me the wrong way when musically inept idiots spout off on some bullshit
but hey, I guess it isn't as egregiously moronic as that rap is technically music thread
I didn't spout some bullshit, I made a sarcastic remark about putting Pop music and Drama Alert & Leafy content on the same level. It's fine if you disagree. That's why it's a discussion? Nothing I said was worse than what DBP said about Keemstar. I didn't even say I hated Pop music.