View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 06:52 AM   #5
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Learning to code in C++

Quote:
Do you know any material (Books/tutorials/etc) that could help me get functionnal in this language
I don't know how well you'd get functional, maybe there are some books around for getting object oriented? ;D

To me though, C++ really isn't any different than most object oriented languages.. obviously syntax is different, but syntax is syntax you know, just a matter of getting it down/checking the reference as you write..

Are you literally trying to learn functional c++ programming? I read you do physics, so it could be possible.. C++ is a great language though, it has all the nice object oriented features of other languages with cool stuff like pointers, memory manipulation and allocation etc.

"interface instruments" sounds to me like there may already be a library made? The literal definition of interface is two systems that interact.. Most of the time, someone has already created a "controller" of sorts (e.g. you are using OpenGL, but you aren't manually creating it, you are importing GL and GLUT etc to C and doing things like glDeclareFunction() etc).. I'm even trying to figure out how you'd interface between them.. I mean, if they are written in C++/C, did you know that C/C++ code can run natively in tons of languages, such as Java? Python for example is interpreted to C code..

Do you specifically need to use C++? Most of the physics/math programmers I know are focused on things like matlab and python, but if you actually need to be functional..

I have some old assignments from one of my courses where we used C++ (it wasn't specifically C++, it was Systems Design, but it was my first time using C++ either way), if you want, pm me, I can send you some examples and such.
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote