Old 04-3-2015, 05:51 PM   #2299
dell2150
FFR Veteran
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to dell2150
Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Another suggestion that we were talking about in the skype chat (actually Dell2150 came up with the suggestion) is to make a mini feature like in SM5 to increase the reading window of FFR. There is nothing of the sort that can make the reading window larger or smaller in R^3 that we know of.
Yes yes yes 100 times yes. I actually saw "FFR Suggestions" in the recent on the left and came here to suggest it.
On Stepmania I play 33% mini now (used to be 40% mini) and I think it'd be awesome if FFR had an x% mini. Either something you could edit or just a few choices. The old engine had a mini (and I believe it was either 100% mini or 200% mini) however it didn't scale the playfield as well. So the ULTRA tiny arrows/receptors were spread miles apart and it was impossible to read. Since R^3 has the receptor spacing, that wouldn't be a problem!

Basically my trouble is.. The screen is too small. I play on x2.3 speed mod. However very dense sections like those in any 89+ (Especially things 300+ bpm like You Time, Eclipse, AT, Rave 7, etc etc) are too smushed and I can't read them well. However, if I increase my speedmod, the arrows are way too fast and I can't read it! So yes plzplzplz x% mini!!!

That seems like it would at least be somewhat easy, idk. And then my second suggestion would be some kind of audio sync feature. Similar to how most rhythm games have, like GH, DDR, SM, osu, and like everything else, where you either play a song or tap to a ticking sound and it adjusts your offset so that you're dead on. I have been having unbelievable amounts of trouble trying to figure out global and judge offsets recently and it's so frustrating that I've quit both tournaments I'm in and stopped playing FFR on several occasions. If those two features were implemented, maybe I'd have a chance at being a real d7 competitor ;p
dell2150 is offline   Reply With Quote