View Single Post
Old 07-9-2018, 08:50 PM   #64
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: How Do Songs Get Labeled There Level?

When the difficulty scale went from 1-99 to 1-120 there were three people who were heading the goal of reevaluating each file to adjust accordingly to the shift up. That finalized back near Oct 16th, 2016.

From what I notice, we are at a point where files are constantly being tossed into consideration for a reevaluation on their rating and there's a number of reasons why, and some of the reasons are outlined such as what type of patterns, what speed, etc. The thing is though, you cannot compare Etterna to FFR when it comes to difficulty because FFR is based on AAA Equiv and difficulty. To be honest, some of the ratings I made are questionable and it's absolutely fair to call those out to be fixed, however with some distinctions it can be tricky at times.

I feel like the "meta" so-to-speak is changing rather rapidly when it comes to the average skill of players nowadays compared to back then and the skill ceiling just continues to be raised to the extent that the ratings for charts should be inspected in a timely fashion (say every two months, as an example). This was something that was in consideration when the scale was changed.

Last edited by _Zenith_; 07-10-2018 at 01:26 AM..
_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote