View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 02:20 PM   #8
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: R.I.P. Chester Bennington

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit what the hell what the hell what the hell
LP was my first-ever music obsession, and while I "outgrew" them and have found a lot of their stuff cringeworthy for the last decade or so (this plays into my whole embarrassment with my FFR username, for instance), I don't think I tend to give them enough credit for simply giving voice to a lot of the confusion and anger that I was wallowing in during middle school

They helped me get through so much of the bullshit from back then. And regardless of how pretentious I'm sometimes tempted to be with the "objective" quality of their music or whatever, regardless of how I feel when I listen to them now, there was a very significant time for me when I was mired in depression and mental illness and what they sung about helped me feel better and more understood, less alone. It feels really really tragic to have the lead vocalist of a band that did that for me eventually decide to leave, when LP's music played some sort of role in helping me stay here. But I also don't think it's my right to knock his decision, or to insinuate that he didn't try or otherwise should've been "stronger" for the sake of anyone else. I don't know. I don't know.

Mike Shinoda's side project Fort Minor has a song that I'm being reminded of right now. It's not super pertinent but it is kinda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVGiiiB7wpY