View Single Post
Old 08-6-2019, 04:08 PM   #11
macgravel
Resident Poopbutt
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: MacGravel Needs Our Help!

Wow, you guys are insane. A huge, massive thanks to Ossa for posting and everyone else that donated/shared. I'm blown away by you guys! <3

These past 2 months have been CRAZY. It feels like we've been living in an M. Night Shyamalan movie with all of the shitty twists we've gone through. To make an incredibly long story into a somewhat shorter story:

We contacted a guy from HUD (The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development). He wanted a copy of our lease, which they never gave us when they took over. So the eviction was nulled. Yay! Afterwards, they gave us a new lease, and told us it renews every 30 days. So now for whatever reason they want, they can just as easily tell us to get out and we'll be right back in the same shituation. Obviously we're not going to stick around for that, and we've been constantly looking for somewhere else to go. That's been ridiculous in itself.

Well, turns out my grandpa is willing to let us have the old house and land we used to live in back when I was a little butt butt baby. Ecstatic, we drive out there to check the place out. The house has been completely vandalized. All of the walls and ceiling have been knocked out, the wires and pipes have been stolen, and there's just trash covering every inch of what remains of the floors. That sucks, yes, but whatever, we can still have the land and move our trailer out there, right? Apparently not. The city and the tax assessor have completely given the majority of my grandpa's land to his neighbors for whatever reason. Nobody can prove which land is and isn't theirs. And since my grandpa can't find his deed either, the city decided to "take it back". So we got in touch with a land surveyor and told him the story, and he said he can do some research, survey the land, and HOPEFULLY get this situation figured out. So now we're waiting to hear back from him, which he said he should be done this week.

Thank you guys so much. You're all absolutely incredible people and I'm grateful to call you my friends.

P.S. I've got some stepmania announcements coming soon. Nothing too crazy, so don't get your hopes up!
macgravel is offline   Reply With Quote