Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament 13 Batch Notes

Judge: TC_Halogen

Forgotten (EzExZeRo7497) [8/10]
Song Artist: The Ghost of 3.13 -- Perms: OK

- two mp3 files and two SM files; ensure these issues are fixed for future submissions - thankfully this one was easy given that they have the same date modifications
- the idea of increasing note color by halving the BPM is an acceptable idea, but it does make pieces of the chart have blue-note syndrome -- though thankfully, the pace of the song makes it not the most glaring thing in the world
- 25.597: I really like this pattern; I feel like you could get a perfect representation visually by only having the first and third notes colored, but this definitely works well
- overall, accuracy in structure and rhythms are solid - though there are some very minute issues dispersed throughout; some examples:
--- 15.758: this kick should be a 64th later
--- 27.037: this short buzz isn’t quite right; it’s both short like earlier instances but also ignores an actual percussive overtone just a moment later at 27.187
--- 30.157: technically the notes in this trill should be delayed a 64th; not a huge deal
--- 30.427: this and the next 32nd should be 16ths
--- 32.557: another instance where it should be delayed a 64th
--- 36.757: this is a cutoff cymbal; might need a bit more emphasis than a single note
--- etc.
- 1:20.797: missing triple for cymbal crash
- 1:27.757: ^; there are other instances of cutoff crashes that have a similar intensity as the missing ones that aren’t accented and there doesn’t seem to be some deliberate avoidance in place as there are instances of 16ths colliding right into them in other places
- 1:42.157: definitely feel like a better pattern choice could be applied here
- solid file, could use some minor structural improvements but by no means is this unacceptable

HeadXplit (gold stinger) [7/10]
Song Artist: Rotteen -- Perms: OK (alias)

- excellent pattern usage in the opening
- syncopated jump usage could be a bit better in the opening, but I do understand the concept
- 31.215/31.809/(etc): these kicks could use a little bit more color, give them a bit more attention in terms of accenting
- 49.480/(etc): change this to a [23] to keep that sectional relevance you’re establishing with that “squeaky” synth - this was a nice touch and it’s a shame it’s not entirely followed through
- this color stuff is silly, but I like the expression overall
- for the stream starting at 1:17.242: check your jump syncopation, as there are some instances where you don’t really have to reduce to follow the rhythm and still make a mistake (1:17.390, 1:18.578, 1:19.766, etc)
- if you’re going to have that kind of abrasion at 1:28.156, you should also constrain patterns whenever given an opportunity to; make 1:28.527/1:28.675 the same for example
- 1:45.751: not a fan of how layered this break is, but it’s acceptable
- 1:55.477/1:57.259/1:58.447/(etc): missing note(s) for synth - it’s not being consistently/appropriately represented
- 2:12.330: this brief sprint stands out like a sore thumb; melody doesn’t really change here at all
- last stream could have better jump placement to capture the melody, but I do think the stream climax for the end is very appropriate and the theme of forcing abrasion into triples at times works nicely
- jump usage needs to be cleaned up a bit in the second half, file’s not too bad though - fix that up a bit and you should be good to go

Hornet (Psychotik) [6/10]
Song Artist: RichaadEB -- Perms: OK

- 10.584: incorrect rhythm (it’s gonna be a quantize of 64ths/192nds since you’re doing triplets within triplets)
- 14:257: fairly certain the BPM needs a reduction here; the three 12th notes are very early at 14.869/etc
- 19.767: not quite the right rhythm; last note needs to be down a 48th
- 20.482/21.502: missing note(s) for guitar
- 23.441: this isn’t quite like a tremolo; you have two different notes that are alternating perfectly on 24th notes so they should be added here
- 26.094: remove this jump and put it on the next 24th note down to properly capture the snares
- 30.227: another missing guitar note, this one’s a bit tougher to hear since it’s a grace note fighting through the percussion
- 30.380/(etc): the alternating D/U is good if you’re capturing the snare, but it goes a bit too long because of the [LD] U that happens as a result of including layering
- 37.727: incorrect rhythm (much like earlier with the triplet within triplet idea)
- 38.033/(etc): another missing guitar note; keep an eye on the notes for the melody and make sure you’re accommodating for them all
- 40.380/40.788: let your patterning handle the melodic representation; there’s no need to add the jumps for this
- 42.344: improper rhythms, similar to earlier
- 48.543: I like the idea of the buildup with jumps here, but the 24th stream should definitely keep running through here, it’s still pretty present
- 50.380: more rhythm stuffs
- 58.339: while the rhythm’s not quite right, it works effectively enough because it puts the faster sweeps when the note is most audible, which generally works
- 1:15.482: solid visual recognition for these streams to the guitar, though 1:16.298 is a bit of a jarring transition in terms of feel
- 1:22.727: why aren’t all three of these jumps?
- 1:27.727: check rhythm again (same as earlier instances)
- 1:30.175: BPM should reset to 147 here instead of 1:32.624
- 1:46.715: you’re pretty insistent on locking patterns for colored notes; this should be a R just like it is many other times before
- 1:59.563: more rhythm stuff
- 2:01.604: three repeated up arrows kinda give an indication that there might be something worth accenting, but it’s not quite there
- 2:08.747: same as 19.767, last note should be moved a 48thh
- 2:13.441: more rhythm stuff
- 2:15.482: appears to be a mirror or very close variant from here on out with the trills and index-crossy patterns, so pertinent issues brought up in earlier section apply here
- 2:33.849: ...this confuses me. This is a much closer, accurate representation of what the rhythms should be, but it’s incorrect in numerous areas, heh.
- chart’s got a solid foundation but definitely needs some cleaning up at times

I’m A Fucking Idiot (Deamerai) [8.5/10]
Song Artist: Venetian Snares -- Perms: OK

- 45.391: nope
- 1:51.108: downright cruel, jesus
- there’s a lot of short OHTs in this that I don’t feel are necessary
- this chart is absolutely disgusting, yet feels stupid fun

Inferno of Fomalhaut (bmah) [9/10]
Song Artist: fallen shepherd ft. ricono -- Perms: OK (alias)

- rhythm on opening trills are a touch off
- 12.819: missing guitar note
- 13.420: it might be a good idea to either remove this one-handed trill, or come up with another place to put one because it’s kinda glaring and out of balance
- 1:14.953/1:16.220: I really like the accenting, but colliding into a triple is pretty rough at 225 BPM 16ths equivalent -- this is a bit more glaring in the second instance where you actually have to continue afterward; perhaps make the note before the triple a single?
- 1:49.420: this is evil, holy shit hahaha
- this song and file are fuckin’ great. Menacing song, fantastic chart overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 06-9-2020 at 06:59 PM..