View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 04:05 PM   #32
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
The only reason this stuff is called "drama" is so people like Keemstar can describe their ass content as a "job."

The taking-sides thing is stupid too. That iDubbbz video is a list of arguments as to why Leafy's content is shitty. Either you agree with what he says or you don't. You can agree with iDubbbz and still like Leafy's content. For some fucking reason there's this clout-chasing mentality where if somebody gets """exposed""" you have to make a video about it and position yourself either "for" or "against" that person. It's cancer.

I'm like 80% sure this social behavior is manufactured by Keemstar in some way because it directly affects his bottom line if YouTubers take sides--- it's more stupid bullshit he can talk about.

EDIT: Did I mention I fucking hate Keemstar? For a while his ineptitude, psychopathy, and inflated ego were AT LEAST entertaining... now that river is dried up and he's just totally worthless.

Worse than worthless, honestly: he's a scumsucking bottom-feeder with the intelligence of a snapped power line. Most "drama" channels are just as bad, too.
It is drama, like it or not, this type of thing exists in any social circle, including your own. I think maybe the attachment to the term might be a bit gross.

I don't think modern commentary is that way, but it certainly was when I made that post. Modern YouTube commentary based on what I tend to watch isn't quite as bad like that. Say the retrospectives on say Zaptie getting (falsely) canceled ect. Most of the more modern stuff aims to be like a journalistic article without maybe the same level of standards.

As for the Keem thing... There's so much to delve into there that it'd take it's own thread.

But to cut it short - I don't think you could call the man an idiot, or even inept, he knows exactly what he's doing. I do also have to respect his business approach, because it obviously fucking works, like it or not.

He's a fucking scum-bag, and shit person though. I won't argue that at all.

My views on this thread originally have shifted a lot, considering I listen to a lot of the "drama / commentary" community a lot while I work. I don't agree with a lot of the politics of who I watch, and I think a few of them get a bit close to the sun too often.

But also to put job in air quotes is a bit ass. Content creation is a job and bad or good, it's paying them. It could be qualified as a job.

I dunno I have a lot of thoughts about it, but I don't wanna derail.