View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #460
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Read My Reviews

Day 328: Inches by Les Savy Fav (Album Choice: FoJaR)

This is a singles compilation. That reminds me of the fact that I desperately need to listen to Terminal Tower before I see Pere Ubu live. I also have very high expectations for this, because a singles compilation should literally be nothing but hit after hit after hit (and some B-Sides but I don't excuse a song for being shit just because it's a B-Side).

Oh wait, this is BACKWARDS chronology? Why the fuck would they do that? This has started off extremely strong to the point where I was wondering how these guys had everything in place so damn well from the start but this isn't the start at all. But it is good, catchy, raucous post-punk. Let's see if they started off better or worse.

This album is definitely the sound of a band regressing. This isn't to say their earlier songs, or the songs that come later on this album, are bad at all. They're still mostly enjoyable although some are a bit too experimental for their own good (what the hell is this Reformat bullshit?). However, the first 5 tracks were such a joyous kick in the earteeth that everything else pales in comparison. The major exception to this is Our Coastal Hymn which is absolutely fantastic.

I wonder if I'd like this album more in reverse track order. Nonetheless, a strong collection of songs.

Best Track: Meet Me In The Dollar Bin
Rating: 7.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote