View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 12:50 AM   #9
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Stepmania/ffr history thread (input/help wanted!)

those are actually pretty tight! thanks kraezymann!

edit: oh dang i found this thread by you too kraezymann
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...hing+stepmania

I guess I kinda fulfilled your wish with this thread, afaik this thread probably is the beginnings of the most complete history for this dear game

also kbo was kind of shortlived, only lasting the duration ffr was down in terms of activity, the best things that came from it of course were solo being more fleshed out, prominent old timers hung out, patashu made the terminology guide of all guides, someone found out about sounddriver=waveout for stepmania 3.9 and 3.95 improving performance, i hosted (along with many other people) a convenient list of packs, staiain started the stepmania wiki, patashus equally impressive guide to stepping files, the rise of minipacks and individuals making their own packs in general; subjectivemania, nuclear blast, uemp, mystery pack, tg10, piano minipack of excellence, light chanchellors pack, Kommisar's Keyboard Singles Originals, Farewell, My Little Stepmania[Pack],Parallel Rotation Minipack Released, german dump mini pack, cyrenics, kombo, dossars mp3, dossars dump pack, icyworld minipack, melon collab.

there were also a few big name megapacks, xoons around this time were your go to packs, ckmp4, hsmp was still going, rebound vibrajacking, otakus dream was getting really big around this time, smoc was coming around. mainly xoons though

dj roar is #1 and roar speak was leet

kbo as a game was pretty awesome. the community in general was super sociable, we played minecraft had our own server with stargroup iirc, and irc games, and generally lots of smo. Actually the scoreboards was the most active portion of the site really! We played so much, and posted so many scores
irc games
http://www.keybeat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1109

#gayms

Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 04-18-2018 at 11:20 PM..
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote