storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Easy Batch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
The Light (storn42) [**8/10]

Judge Notes:
Trills at 18.282 onwards - given the difficulty of the rest of the file, these slow trills lasting for about 12 seconds feel a bit bland and understated. You have a variety of options here to liven it up a bit:
you could start the snare jumps (which you have right before and after this section) as early as 19.032, or only fill them in on the repeat (starting at 24.282). You can also layer the cymbal jumps here if you want.
Just a couple of suggestions to consider - see if you like any of them in particular, no pressure.
I still dont want to make this section super hard. im thinking maybe changing up the trills so theres more than just the two of them and adding in a few OHTs on the short trills, and maybe adding jumps for them snares.

Quote:
42.282, 48.282, 60.282, etc: what are your thoughts on layering jumps to these prominent cymbal crashes? Again, your 16th drum fills that end on a jump are a lot harder than any of these sequences.
48.282 is very faint so i dont think it makes sense to add it. 42.282 and 60.282 seems reasonable, however if i were to add them i feel i would need to change 48.782 and 47.334 to hands and they feel really out of place when done.

Quote:
** Section starting 1.12.282 (and the repeat at 2.12.484): starting this section, the layering gets a bit hazy. The jump at 1.14.157 and the hand at 1.14.532 and the jump at 1.15.657 and so on strongly imply that you're now layering the vocals in (a move which I strongly agree with).
Great, but:
- why is 1.16.682, 1.17.344, 1.17.907 a jump (only voice, no kick)?
Are you're times off? i cant find notes at those specific times.
Its how i chose to chart it. all the main vocals are jumps. i feel it would get a little more confusing if they weren't jumps just cus a kick is missing. The exception is 1:18.282 where they are single notes for background vocals instead.

Quote:
- 1.18.094 is a ghost note?
It absolutely is.

Quote:
- there's a glaring misrhythm at 1.22.782 and 1.23.157 where the vocals fall on the 4ths, but no note is here; instead, the 8th kicks immediately after each of these get highlighted as jumps
- this previous problem is the most noticeable one
Its not exactly a misrythm. The very powerful guitars/drums here really called to me and i wanted to try and reflect that in the chart. and i kinda forgot about the vocals. I think adding the vocals as single notes might work best there though it would contradict the rest of the chart, but i feel if i made it a jump trill some of that power would be lost. Also added a jump for the missing vocal note after the section.

Quote:
- Please relook at this section overall to ensure that the vocals are properly layered in (are they supposed to be jumps unto themselves at certain points?)
- Note that this stuff repeats in the repeat chorus at 2.12.484.
- Note that in *that* section, the vocals repeat twice, so please don’t forget the area around 2.36.284+ too.
all checked

Quote:
The color fuckery in the next part is awesome.

2.49.409 is this yellow bc "show you the light"? lol
same thing happens at 1:18.407, so yes. I'm happy you like my color theory as much as i do.

Quote:
2.51.659 it's sections like these that reinforce a good reason to have slightly heavier layering before the first chorus - this is a short run of 160bpm jumpstream; whatever accenting you might have wanted to do earlier but couldn't due to difficulty concerns shouldn't be in play here

Song is very awesome, file is pretty fun, drum fills are always a hoot to play. Color theory done right. Just need to fix up some layering and we good.

CONDITIONAL: Chorus layering and rhythms. I realllllllllly wanted to accept this outright, because this is fun and song is great. But that glaring misrhythm and confusing layering in the chorus sticks out way too much, because there’s nothing else going on in the chart at that point - it became pretty distracting on my playthroughs. Please fix, otherwise this is poggers
i hope you can look forward to my other color theory "masterpieces" though i dont think any of them do it as well as the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post