View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 10:06 PM   #2734
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

I'm just going to say it; I think that if we mislynch today, our best option is to have Tps hide behind Sun or Cel again--without saying which one.

If we mislynch, we would go into the night at 4:1:1. Successful town kills by both wolf and SK would leave us with only two possible timelines: a 1:1:1 draw-loss, and a 1:1 loss with a definite anti-town winner.

However, if Tps hides and both Sun and Cel die, then we would be left with a 1:1:1 scenario tomorrow--unpalatable to both wolf and SK. This has the potential to encourage them to search for each other, rather than target guaranteed town players. (It's also possible they both target one of Sun or Cel, whether or not that is the one with Tps, leading to the dreaded 2:1:1, or possibly to a 3:1:1, which is still town winnable. If one of them hits the other, or they both hit each other, that simplifies things further in the former case, and results in an immediate town win in the latter.)

The advantage here is that by forcing three known town players into two "spaces", we can

(1.) scare them away from the confirmed town with the possibility of the inadvertent 1:1:1
(2.)Reduce the likelihood of them hitting two unique town by chance, by providing only two potential targets rather than three

It's possible I've overlooked something, so this idea should be discussed and vetted, but I think it has some potential.