View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #90
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Starcraft 2 Tourney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
If you're in gold for 1v1 and aren't interested in cheese, you should play a more econ focused game. I can beat the vast vast majority of players that don't cheese me or catch me off guard with a timing by just mining more minerals than them and making more production facilities (and of course, making sure I spend all of my minerals and gas).

The fact of the matter is, most low level players I play and roll simply do not expand fast enough and do not make enough workers. They're particularly too slow to take a third and if they expand tend to sit on 2 base for way too long.

Go for meaty compositions that are hard to counter if you're toss/terran, i.e. colossi+stalker+sentry (adding zealots can help, depends on opps unit comp), or marine/marauder/medi/tank/viking. These comps do not have hard counters and if you are outproducing your opponent you can break them down.

If you're zerg you have to be a bit more flexible, sadly. I don't think zerg is UP at all, but is a bit harder to play because their unit compositions are more fragile and they're vulnerable early on.
See that's the problem! I can't react & adapt fast enough.. I guess that comes with time and training.

For example, I play T&Z, half half. When I'm Z, I usually get steamrolled by 4gate or some weird 3rax push (5:30~7min) because I tend to play with FE instead of early roach pressure, etc.. and then I mismanage my units (lings, queen, huh?!) and get raped.

As T, I almost always end up taking the game to mid-game (so.. 15~20 minutes) and end up losing because of constant harasses and / or my mismanagement of units and economy.

And I don't want to cheese in 1v1 x(
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote