View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 05:47 PM   #4
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Indices, Exponential and Logarithmic Equations

Man, I can't express how much I love you guys. I don't know how this stuff actually stays in your head, I forget it as soon as the topic is over.

I probably should've mentioned that Methods is just a level of math we have. It goes something like Foundation Math > Further Maths > Math Methods > General Maths > Algorithmics. I struggled with Further in yr12 and now 5 years later, I have to do Methods... GAH!

Anyway,
First one - once you told me what step to do first, I was able to work the rest out fairly easily. So flipping the indices in the bracket (if negative) should always be the first step, mostly for ease of working out the rest of the equation?

Second one - With the law you guys posted, I can't seem to find it in the text book nor in any lecture notes. Knowing my study habits, I probably just skipped over it but do you mind if I ask where you got that from?

Third one - I'm a friggen genius.

Fourth one - So I was kinda heading in the right direction but for some reason I thought you couldn't have negative indices so the dividing of the first two ln's seemed incorrect to me. I also keep forgetting that for multiplying indices, you just add them but the base is still multiplied. It just gets confusing :/

Fifth one - Still not sure what to do. Without the 2 in front of the log, its just log4^2=16. I'm just unsure what step comes next when dealing with the 2.

Thanks again for your time and expertise beary and rushy, really appreciate it. I may post more in the next day or two as I have an assignment coming up next week for this.

edit - rip 666 posts :P

Last edited by sickufully; 04-27-2016 at 06:56 PM..
sickufully is offline   Reply With Quote