View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 11:09 PM   #912
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 605: GINGER by BROCKHAMPTON

You know I was gonna be on this fast because even if I'm not nearly as hype for their new releases these days I still love a huge portion of those SATURATION songs. This... eh. I'm not sure if it's better or worse than Iridescence. They seem to be leaning more heavily into their "boy band" image than ever before and that's not what I came to them for really. Actually yeah, this is definitely worse than Iridescence and after such a wait that is a damn shame.

I don't get it, when they dropped 3 albums in one year they had more consistency. I don't want to believe the loss of Ameer affected them that much considering he always felt out of place, was kind of boring in many songs due to his repetition and those 1997-1999 singles were fucking fire, but the magic is mostly gone minus a few cuts here. I think they have some great work left in them as a collective, but mostly I'm just waiting for the inevitable solo album from JOBA and Merlyn's trap blow-up whenever that happens.

Best Track: ST. PERCY
Rating: 5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote