View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 03:02 AM   #100
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The election

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
Why would you be scared to go out into the streets? Trump isn't out in the streets terrorizing anyone. People who don't like Trump are the ones protesting and making the streets potentially unsafe. If the people would just deal with how the election turned out and go back to being civilized, it wouldn't be an issue.
Plenty of people now feel emboldened in their racist or bigoted views. Saying the only threat is people who don't like Trump is grossly misrepresenting the situation. It's not all sunshine and rainbows for everyone.

I like how you're equating protesting Trump with not being civilized. I mean, yeah, just be civilized and accept a leader whose views could lead to severely limiting or even life-threatening situations for a variety of people. Be respectful of his views!

edit: I'm not saying I agree with the protests. He hasn't done anything worth protesting yet. But I understand where the anger comes from. Electing a leader who threatens to take away rights such as marriage equality or affordable healthcare is something I'd be scared of/pissed about as well if it happened in my country.

Last edited by Nullifidian; 11-11-2016 at 03:13 AM..
Nullifidian is offline   Reply With Quote