View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #26
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Survey: Define "good" music.

Sure why not.

0. What is/are your favorite genre(s)?
Any kind of electronic music (More specifically breakcore and ambient though), any kind of metal, some classical, classic rock, 80s pop and probably a lot more that I can't list out from the top of my head.

1a. What do you consider good music, either in general or in concrete examples?
I consider good based on technical ability, how much meaning or emotion are there in the lyrics or if basically if it sounds good.

1b. How about bad music?
Almost no technical ability (Singing similar to talking), cliche lyrics or the instrumentals just sound bad overall.

2. Are you biased against some genres because of the fans they tend to attract?
Not all the time.

3a. Do you make assumptions about fans of particular genres?
Nope.

3b. What are some of the stereotypes you are familiar with?
Pop fanboys/fangirls have bad grammar, people who like K-Pop are koreaboos, people who like J-Pop are weeaboos, people who like metal is emo, a lot more.

3c. What stereotypes exist about fans of your preferred genre?
Nerds, emos, old***s

4. What role does a band/artist/genre's popularity play in your like or dislike for them/hir/it?
None.

5. Do you think you have good taste in music?
No idea.

6. How objective do you think you are when you judge music?
Quite objective, I'm fine with any genre in general. I just like it or I just have a neutral for it.

7. Do you judge artists/bands on their entire body of work, or on a song-by-song basis?
I don't really like judge any band by just ONE song. I just listen to an album first.

8. Do you consider your choice of music part of your identity, image or public persona?
Yes.

9. Have you ever made choices in music based on what your peers might think of you? (For example, do you avoid a certain genre because your friends think it is without merit? Do you listen to genres you don't particularly like because your friends like them?, etc.)
No.

10a. How do you feel/react when someone states an opinion contrary to yours regarding music in general?
Don't give a shit, it's his own opinion anyways, unless it's pretty close minded.

10b. What about particular songs/artists/genres?
See above

11. Do you have formal musical training? (Such as receiving singing lessons, playing an instrument, etc.)
Choir.

12. Who influences your choice of music most? How do you find new music? Through which channels? Through advertising/word of mouth/YouTube/reviews/other?
Stepmania, last.fm, friends and a lot more.

13a. Have your tastes or preferences changed over time?
It kind of got a little larger.

13b. If not, why not?
ioerjtgoirjhtiorhowrhowe

13c. If yes, in what way?
I wouldn't really mind listening to any kind of song now, unlike last year which I would really go mad whenever I heard a song I don't like.

14. Anything you'd like to add on this subject? Any other questions you wish I'd posed?
Stop at Nothing for Kanye West's new album
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote