View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #383
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluearrowll View Post
Keep it as an AAA. And stop using me as an example. "not even blue SDG'd Death Piano we can't FC it" is what it's going to turn into next.

Though, just for kicks i'll play it now and see what I get.
I don't use you as a barometer for what should be added and shouldn't be, based on whether you are able to get it or not. I sometimes use you as a difficulty gauge for a token, but I will not reject a token's reqs on the grounds that you can't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere View Post
Take me off the list if you want. Let me explain.

Today I found that what was holding me back average rank-wise were basically all the songs that require fast mash, moreso than skill and accuracy.

So, I switched my layout from the default to m,./ and two-handed mashed the following songs to improve ranking along with the results shown below.

[ranks]

As you can see, most of those are quite significant rank drops.

For the fun songs I use one-handed though. I only did that for the average rank drop to get me under 1000 so I could get the token.

Now I understand why some people do so much better than me at certain of the hardest songs multiplayer. They're not better than me skill or accuracy-wise, but simply they choose 11s or 12s and mash them. It also makes a lot of sense now why their lifebars would be so much worse than mine and yet they still win overall. It's from the boos from mashing and from the huge bonus from a better combo.

Alright, so I have concluded that one-handed play is best for skill, accuracy, and just plain fun whereas two-handed mash is best for the ridiculous stuff.

I'm still going to primarily play one-handed. Only things I'm not doing it on are the mashfests, specifically for that purpose.
I frown on all forms of mashing, one or two handed. Since you still play one handed for everything else, you won't be removed. However, since this is a ranking of all the best players, I ask that you not mash. Look at my average rank. I don't have any mashed songs on there, yet it's still only 563, and always getting lower.

If you want to mash, I cant stop you, but I prefer you let your average rank truly reflect your skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioGP87 View Post
Hey, can you add me to the list since I play one-hand. (three fingers for the format) Can someone make me an ST as well? I have the req but I suck at drawing tokens.
You've got to get your average rank below the person in 30th place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man View Post
Okay I understand what you all are saying. We should definetly keep the AAA for Eternal Nightmare. Personally, I too do not like when Bynary uses Blue for an example. "If blue cant do it nobody can" is what he seems to think. I also see your point red; I suppose that multiplayer token should say, "Get a MP level of 15 or higher." Thanks for the insight and opinions everyone! At first I wasn't too sure about making some ST's but now I feel very welcomed. Thanks.
I'll keep the AAA req then, since everybody wants it to stay. However, no more of these types of tokens please. I was hoping Etude could be one of a kind, and adding more takes that away. I agree that we need more hard tokens, but not too many.

It makes me smile to see all the discussion going on.

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote