View Single Post
Old 04-6-2014, 09:10 AM   #37
moches
FFR Player

Default Re: Stepping Stones of Stepmania released!

Mirror Mirror - this file is fantastic (a few awkwardly arranged freezes here and there, some bursts could have been much better-patterned) but is in no way a beginner file - at least, not the Heavy chart. who in the hell rated this an 8?

Moranatsu Title Theme - with freezes off, it's perfect. great easy piano file that's just the right length.

Mysterious Exorcism Rod - not a bad file, has some creative layering choices and good flow. the biggest thing is the lack of focus. also the mines at the end are a SERIOUS difficulty spike and not at all appropriate for a file of this level

Our Turn - played Heavy. very cute file, you managed to pack in some intense rhythms in a way where it was perfect for intermediate players

Petite Feet - was hoping for the Jakazid remix but I can't even complain, this file fucking owns

Plastic Promises - ha, more ska! diggin' it. this is MAYBE a little too long but you do a great job of keeping the rhythms fresh and varied throughout, great mine usage to punctuate the syncopation. I noticed maybe a handful of misrhythms (the only really blatant one is in the chorus), but everything else seemed on point? also, I would have experimented with the freeze usage to be heavier in places where the song is heavier and lighter in the more upbeat sections. but these are just suggestions and I really enjoyed this file overall.

Quartz Quadrant - felt like something I would find buried in VGMP2. that's a very good thing. yay for another fully-charted file, too! only thing is maybe this would have been better at half the BPM ????

Sacred Campaign - enjoyed this when it was in the FFR Spring 2012 pack, still enjoy it today.

Sannin No Dragon Slayer - I really like this file; the slow but fair difficulty progression keeps things interesting, and you didn't water down any of the interesting aspects of the song, even though things were relatively easy throughout.

Symbolic - even though this is something like the opposite of how I would have stepped this song, it's still a solid file with a lot of interesting ideas, particularly in regards to jump usage (the decision to emphasize the background sounds with jumps made the whole file feel a lot more off-kilter, but that made me want to see where things would go - the trade-off is that you kinda missed the big build-up that happens in a lot of TaQ songs, this one included, where he introduces new elements in each section before combining everything at the end). some patterns may be rough for intermediate players, but they're totally doable with practice.

Taiyou Iwaku Whatever - typical Chef Kommisar animu fiel feat. unexpected guitar solo (ps still fun)

Theme of Hawkeye - i <3 u and ur MvsC files Ferrari

GRAND FINALE TO COME TOMORROW !!! !!!! !!!!!
moches is offline   Reply With Quote